Ayurveda About Tamsik Environment & Viral Infections?
Ayurveda is an ancient and traditional system of medicines which originates in India and has much potential to prevent and combat health-related issues. Every Ayurvedic Acharyas needs to understand Ayurveda which harmonizes the body with the basic dynamics of the environment. In ayurveda, there is Mahagunas Theory (Sattvic, Rajas and Tamas). When there are the deepest spiritual ideals and simply by being loving and kind nature (sattva) When the energy is holding with love and strong energy (rajas) when there is stability or inertia it is due to tamas gunas. Tamo Guna represents "the darkness". Ojas is the intersection of Physical, Mental and spiritual health. It is mainly responsible for overall health, energy and fighting against disease. Oja is circulated in the whole body through various channels which originate from the heart. Further in this article, we are going to discuss the spread of infection and various immunity-boosting herbs.
In ayurveda, the human body is composed of three fundamental categories which are Doshas, Dhatus and Malas. There are 3 doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha), The psychological state correlates with the functioning and various behaviour (Trigunas)- Sattva (white, knowledge and happiness), Rajas (activity, pain) and Tamas (dark, inertia and confusion). The tridoshas and Trigunas are mainly composed of Panchamahabhutas.
- Akash - Satva gunas
- Vayu - Rajas gunas
- Agni - Sattva+rajas gunas
- Jala - Satva+Tamas gunas
- Pruthvi - Tamas gunas
In Tridoshas it is correlated with panchamahabhutas -
- Akash - Vayu - Sattva and Rajas Gunas
- Agni - Pitta doshas - Sattva gunas
- Prithvi - Kapha - Tamas gunas
How Do Tamasik Gunas Affect The Spread Of Viral Infections?
- Tamas Gunas is one of the energetic qualities of the universe which comes from the Sanskrit word Tamas - illusion, ignorance and Gunas means Quality and attribute.
- It commonly represents Inertia, Laziness, mental dullness and Greed. They are finding it difficult to grow spiritually and reach a higher level of consciousness.
- It is likely to feel sluggish, lethargic and unproductive and emotionally low.
- Also known as the lower and material potential of Jeeva.
- It is commonly found in people who eat greasy, stale foods and meat and overconsumption of alcohol and drugs. They are the quintessential 'Bar food' which represents french fries and a tall glass of beer.
- The virrudh Ahara causes the accumulation of toxins in the body which affects the immune system. The imbalance in the doshas begins with the Ama doshas which cause low immunity, thus more prone to infections and various health disorders.
How To Identify The Dominance Of Tamas
- Careless and unsound mind.
- Lazy and Dull - Tamas gunas increase the rigidity and inertia of a person which makes a person dull and lazy so there is always a desire to sleep and rest.
- Confused - Tamas gunas increase ignorance and they always tend to be confused and puzzled.
- Loneliness - Tamas gunas increase the ego of a person, they feel disconnected and lonely.
- Full of Anger - It promotes the evil actions.
- Irregular Diet - They are fond of junk foods, liquor and meat as they dont like homemade food.
As ayurveda is not only a system of medicine but a way to live a life which focuses on the way of living and prevents the disease from the root cause. Due to these habits such as an Irregular diet, loneliness and sluggish nature, and sedentary lifestyle a low level of immunity leads to various diseases due to the formation of Ama (endotoxins) which vitiates the digestive fire along with Tridoshas, such as it leads to weaker immunity and body fails to react against unhealthy cells.
Types Of Tamas
- Pasava (sharing traits of animal) -
- Lack of intelligence
- Excessive desire for sex
- Excessive sleep
- Desire of water
- Constant anger
- Always hungry
- Less intelligent
How To Overcome Tamas Gunas
- Avoid Tamasic foods such as Meat, processed food, carb and fatty diet.
- Avoid overindulgence.
- Reduce sleep.
- Practice various yoga asanas and pranayamas such as Nadi shodhana, Bhastrika and Kapalbhati which boost the prana.
How To Stay Prevented With Boosting Tips For Immunity
In Ayurveda, Immunity (Ojas) is the strength of the body which fights against various infections and is known as Vyadhikshamatava. Due to the intake of unbalanced, stale food the immunity biomes weak and causes more occurrence of disease. In ayurveda Virus is compared to Ama (endotoxins) which is normally undigested food, further producing the formation of abnormal protein and causing disease. In ayurveda, viruses come under "Agantuja Rogas".
Worse The Diet And Lifestyle, The More The Occurrence Of Diseases And Vice Versa
Viral infections which are related to Ama doshas lead to weaker immunity, the body fails to fight against unhealthy cells and vitiates the digestive fire. So, the primary need is to maintain the diet and lifestyle to treat the disease in a natural way. These are the following-
- Dietary guidelines (Aahar)
- Lifestyle modifications (Vihar)
1. Dietary Guidelines (Aahar)
Eating a healthy diet maintains stronger immunity which is important for the growth and development of healthy cells. One must consider the following points
- Green Juice - It is helpful in boosting immunity and contains the green leaves of Coriander, spinach, coriander, wheatgrass and many more.
- Amla - (Indian gooseberry) rich source of vitamin C and Antioxidants which boosts immunity.
- Tulsi - Has antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Healthy green sauce.
- Dry fruits and nuts - It is helpful in improving the immune system.
- Other sources such as - Curcumin, desi ghee and jaggery provide stronger immunity and provide relief from viral infections.
2. Lifestyle Modifications (Vihar)
To build a stronger immune system and strengthen the immune system one must add the following tips-
- Meditate daily for 10-20 minutes which balances the mental and emotional health.
- Perform various Yoga, Asanas and exercise which calm the body and mind and increase overall health and stronger immunity.
- For being healthy in a busy schedule one must have a Nap/Walk and movement of body parts after continuous sitting which supports healthy immunity.
3. Natural Herbs (Aushadhi) - Some of the effective herbs are as follows
- Giloy - Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) is useful in all types of fever and in infections.
- Tulsi - Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) is a natural immunity booster which is helpful in reducing fever and good for heart health.
- Bhumi Amla - Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus Niruri) Is a good appetiser and has anti-viral properties and eliminates respiratory infections.
- Licorice - Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) is helpful in soothing the throat and has anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant properties.
- Ashwagandha - Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is rich in antioxidants and boosts immunity which protects the body from various infections. Manages hormonal disturbances.
Panchkarma As A Detox For Boosting The Immunity
Nothing is more important than boosting the immune system, as it protects the body from disease-causing microorganisms. The three fundamental energies are responsible for balancing the human body. The Beej-bhumi theory in ayurveda means the 'seed land'. As the body is filled with ama (toxins) which lack ojas and Panchkarma is highly effective in detox and purification treatment. It is used to cleanse the body of all unwanted materials and leads to healthy digestion and thus enhances immunity. It decreases the stress in the body and gives deep relaxation. In Panchkarma Nasya therapy is advised which is helpful in boosting immunity and providing a calm mind and body.
- Langhana (fasting) - It is helpful in the digestion of Ama and vitiated doshas and brings light to the body.
- Vamana Karma - It induces vomiting to cleanse the stomach and removes the Ama (toxins) and mucus from various srotas. It is helpful in balancing the vitiated Kapha doshas (Tamas gunas).
- Virechana Karma - It is one of the main panchkarma techniques which involves various laxatives and is used to clear excess kapha doshas which removes excess fat and phlegm.
- Basti Karma - It is Western enema therapy, Niruha and Anuvasna are two types of Basti which digest the Ama after the process of Langhana.
Herbal Remedies By Planet Ayurveda For Boosting Immunity
Planet Ayurveda is a GMP - Certified Ayurvedic clinic which formulates various remedies to prevent multiple health issues and relieve the disease of the diseased person. All the formulations are free from any kind of preservatives, additives, resins and gums. These remedies are 100% pure and are formulated under the guidance of M.D ayurveda practitioners so that they do not cause any side effects. For the purpose of boosting immunity, planet ayurveda provided an Immunity Kit which is made up of pure herbs which we will discuss further in the article.
- IMMUNE BOOSTER
- SHWAS AMBU CHAI
- ASHWAGANDHAGHAN VATI
- GILOYGHAN VATI
1. Immune Booster
Immune Booster is Polyherbal Capsule which is made by planet Ayurveda using ingredients such as Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Go-Piyush (Bovine colostrums) and many more. It is helpful in supporting a healthy immune system and promotes a healthy metabolism. Relieves stress and anxiety and promotes rejuvenation. Is a mild laxative and has scrape properties. Tackles various gastrointestinal disorders.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
2. Shwas Ambu Chai
Shwas Ambu Chai is a herbal tea formulation made by planet ayurveda using ingredients such as Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum), Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Vasa (Adhatoda vasica) and many more. It is helpful in relieving colds and coughs. Subsides the Vata and Kapha doshas and removes phlegm. Improves the digestive fire.
Dosage: 1 cup of herbal tea twice daily.
Vikramprash is Avaleha which is made by planet ayurveda using Bilva (Aegle marmelos), Patla (Sterospermum suveolens), Mashparni (Teramnus labialis), Bala (Sida cordifolia), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Ela (Elettaria cardamomum), Pippali (Piper nigrum), Nagkeshar (Mesua ferrea) and many more. It is helpful in enhancing the functions of the brain and nervous functions. Best to alleviate Vata doshas and restore normal nerve functioning.
Dosage: 1-2 teaspoons twice daily.
4. Ashwagandhaghan Vati
Ashwagandhaghan Vati is a single herbal tablet formulation which is prepared by planet Ayurveda using Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). It is helpful in enhancing immunity which increases vigor and sexual desire. Helpful in fatigue and joint pain. Useful in sleep disorders and relieves stress and depression.
Dosage: 1-2 tablets twice daily after meals with plain water.
5. Giloyghan Vati
Giloyghan Vati is a herbal tablet formulation made by Planet Ayurveda using Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). It is helpful in managing dengue fever. Purifies the blood and removes toxins and boosts the immune system of the body. Is helpful in fighting respiratory problems. Improves the functions of the liver and thus improves digestive health.
Dosage: 1-2 tablets twice daily after meals with plain water.
Ayurveda is an ancient and traditional system of medicines which originates in India and has much potential to prevent and combat health-related issues. In ayurveda, there is Mahagunas Theory (Sattvic, Rajas and Tamas). Tamo Guna represents "the darkness". The virrudh Ahara causes the accumulation of toxins in the body which affects the immune system. The imbalance in the doshas begins with the Ama doshas which cause low immunity, thus more prone to infections and various health disorders. In ayurveda, viruses come under "Agantuja Rogas". Further, we discussed the Immunity Kit from Planet Ayurveda which is made up of pure herbs and supports a healthy immune system.