Reference: Sahasrayoga Kashayayoga Prakarana
Bala Punarnavadi Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine in the liquid form. This herbal decoction is used to treat the abdominal diseases like abdominal pain, constipation, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, hyperuricemia etc.
- Bala – Sida cordifolia / Sida retusa
- Punarnava – Boerhaavia diffusa
- Eranda – Castor root – Ricinus communis
- Shunti – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
Method of Preparation
All the above mentioned ingredients are added with 8 parts of water. It is boiled until reduced to quarter part. Further it is filtered to make the Bala Punarnavadi Kashayam.
- Take 15 – 30 ml, once or twice a day, before food or on empty stomach, or as directed by physician.
- It is usually given along with goat milk.
- If goat milk is not available, it can be taken along with lukewarm water.
- Improves digestion and relieves bloating.
- Peptic ulcers
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Over-dosage may result in the slight burning sensation in stomach.
- This medicine should be taken under strict medical supervision for Children, pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach and sight of Children.