Kshara Thailam (Oil)
Reference: Sharangdhar Samhita Madhyama Khanda 9/174 – 177.
Kshara Thailam is an herbal oil, used in the treatment of tinnitus, ear ache, hearing loss, worm infestation etc.
Make a Paste of 12 g fine powder of each of:-
- Mulaka – Radish – Raphanus sativus (Kshara)
- Svarjika Kshara
- Yava Kshara – Kshara of Barley – Hordeum vulgare
- Vida Lavana – Vida salt
- Samudra Lavana – Common salt
- Romaka Lavana
- Saindhava Lavana – Rock salt
- Sauvarchala Lavana – Sochal salt
- Hingu – Asafoetida
- Shigru – Moringa oleifera
- Mahaushadha – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Devadaru – Himalayan cedar (bark) – Cedrus deodara
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Rasanjana – Aqueous extract of Berberis aristata
- Shatapushpa – Indian Dill – Anethum sowa
- Granthika – Long pepper (Root) – Piper longum
- Musta – Nut grass (root) – Cyperus rotundus
- Juice extract of Kadali – Banana stem – Musa paradisiaca – 3.072 liters
- Beejapoora Swarasa – Lemon juice extract – 3.072 liters
- Madhu Shukta – Fermented sweet preparation – 3.072 liters
How to Make?
All the ingredients are mixed and boiled till total moisture is lost from the oil, filtered.
- Ear problems such as itching, pus, infection, otitis, tinnitus, and ear ache and worms etc.
- Facial and dental ailments.
- Balances Vata and Kapha.
Direction for Use
3-5 drops into each ear.
There are no known side effects with this oil on external application. However, its use should only be done under medical supervision.