BALARISHTAM - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
Balarishtam is an Ayurvedic liquid medicine which comes under arishta formulations. It is used for all the diseases which occurred due to Vata aggravation. This aggravated Vata usually affects the nervous system and all the disorders associated with nervous system can be treated well with regular consumption of balarishtam. It has rejuvenating action hence provides strength and nourishment to the body
- BALAMOOLA (Sida cordifolia) – 5 KG
- ASHWGANDHA (Withania somnifera) - 5KG
- DHATAKI FLOWERS (Woodfordia fruticosa) - 750 gm
- KSHEERKAKOLI (Lilium polyphyllum) - 93 gm
- ERAND MOOLA (Ricinus communis) – 93 gm
- RASNA (Pluchea lanceolata) – 46gm
- CHOTI ELAICHI (Elettaria cardamomum) – 46gm
- GANDHAPRSARINI (Paederia foetida) – 46gm
- LAUNG (Syzygium aromaticum) – 46gm
- KHAS (Vetiveria zizanioides) – 46gm
- GOKSHUR (Tribulus terrestris) – 46gm
- JAGGERY - 15 kg
- WATER – 50 litres
REFERENCE – BHAISHJYARATANAVALI // VATVYADHI ROGADHIKAR 26 / 572 TO 575
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- BALAMOOLA (Sida cordifolia) – As its name suggests bala, it strengthens the body. It pacifies all three doshas in the body. It is sweet in taste and coolant in nature. This herb boosts immunity and nourishes body. Due to its absorbent nature, it is used in the treatment of diarrhoea. It has anti inflammatory nature hence useful in treating rheumatoid arthritis.
- ASHWGANDHA (Withania somnifera) - This herb has anti-inflammatory activity due to which it is used to relieve problems related to the immune system and nervous system. It helps to gain body mass due to its balya (Restorative) property.
- DHATAKI FLOWERS (Woodfordia fruticosa) - The flowers of this herb are used as a backbone of asava and arishta preparations because the flowers act as fermenting agent hence required to induce fermentation.
- KSHEERKAKOLI (Lilium polyphyllum) - This herb is sweet in taste and cool in potency. It provides strength and helpful in treating vitiated vata disorders.
- ERAND MOOLA (Ricinus communis) – Erand is mild laxative in nature. The roots of this herb are Vata pacifying in nature. It is anti-inflammatory in action thus, used to treat rheumatic arthritis.
- RASNA (Pluchea lanceolata) – Rasna is used in treating general debility due to its restorative property. It also has anti inflammatory and analgesic properties. This herb is a potent herb in the treatment of musculoskeletal system disorders.
- CHOTI ELAICHI (Elettaria cardamomum) – Choti elaichi speeds up the digestion power, acts as an appetizer and also soothes inflammation of stomach.
- GANDHAPRSARINI (Paederia foetida) – Gandhaprsarni is bitter in taste and it pacifies vata dosha in the body. This herb improves digestion and enhances immune power. It relieves symptoms like stiffness, inflammation and pain. It is used in the treatment of rheumatic arthritis.
- LAUNG (Syzygium aromaticum) – Laung is a potent herb to increase immunity power. It is the best herb to maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract as it eliminates bloating, nausea and diarrhoea by improving the digestive power.
- KHAS (Vetiveria zizanioides) – Khas is pitta pacifying herb as it has cool potency. It helps to heal inflammation quickly. It improves digestion power and relieves constipation.
- GOKSHUR (Tribulus terrestris) – Gokshur is diuretic in nature. It helps to maintain proper functioning of the nervous system. It helps to build body mass and provide strength to the body.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Ashwagandha and bala are taken in coarse powder form and decoction is prepared by boiling in 50 liters of water, till it is reduced to ¼. The decoction is transferred into a mud vessel and all prakshepak drvayas (additives) are added and mixed well. Dhataki flowers and jaggery is added to this decoction to initiate the fermentation process. The mud vessel is kept undisturbed for 21 to 30 days. After one month the mixture is filtered and preserved into glass jars. This formulation should be used after one year for better health results.
- This herbal formulation is used to strengthen the body.
- Balarishtam increases digestive fire.
- It is used to treat musculoskeletal disorders especially in rheumatoid disorders.
USES AND BENEFITS OF BALARISHTAM
- Balarishtam acts as a general nervine tonic as it pacifies vata dosha. It provides strength to nerves and reduces further nerve damage.
- Balarishtam has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties thus widely used in treating rheumatic arthritis.
- Due to its analgesic property it is used in the treatment of muscle pain and any other pain associated with the nervous system.
- Balarishtam is also useful in diseases where the immune system is compromised.
- Nervous system disorders (Paralysis, Hemiplegia, paraplegia) are benefitted with regular use of balarishtam.
12 to 25 ML once or twice daily as advised by Physician
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy