BRUHATHYADI KASHAYAM - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
Bruhathaydi is an Ayurvedic liquid medicine which mainly pacifies pitta dosha in the body. This kashayam provides relief from pain and inflammation due to its ingredients which are anti-inflammatory and analgesic in action.
- BRIHATI (Solanum indicum) – 1 part
- KANTKARI (Solanum xanthocarpum) – 1 part
- GOKSHUR (Tribulus terrestris) – 1 part
- ERANDMOOLA (Ricinus communis) – 1 part
- KUSHMOOLA (Eragrostis cynosuroides) – 1 part
- KASHMOOLA (Saccharum spontaneum) – 1 part
- IKSHUMOOLA (Saccharum officinarum) – 1 part
- WATER – 16 times
REFERENCE – BHAISHJAYRATANAVALI SHOOLAROGADHIAKR ADHAYAYE 32
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- BRIHATI (Solanum indicum) – BRIHATI is included in the dashmoola group of herbs (The group of 10 roots of herbs which have anti-inflammatory action). The herb is bitter and pungent in taste. It is light in nature hence easily digestible. It is also useful in relieving colic pain. It helps to maintain the metabolism of the body thus, any kind of impaired digestion is treatable with this herb.
- KANTKARI (Solanum xanthocarpum) – This herb is also one among dashmoola groups of herbs. Due to its anti-inflammatory action, it is used to treat pain and stiffness. It is also pungent and bitter in taste hence stimulates digestive fire. In case of throat infections, this herb is very beneficial.
- GOKSHUR (Tribulus terrestris) – It is an ancient herb which has diuretic property, which is required to treat the urinary tract infections. It is also used in kidney stones to ease the symptoms like renal colic.
- ERANDMOOLA (Ricinus communis) – Eranda is a mild laxative and anti-inflammatory in action. The roots are used in the treatment of swelling, abdominal diseases and pains.
- KUSHMOOLA (Eragrostis cynosuroides) – The roots of this herb has diuretic and coolant property. It has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
- KASHMOOLA (Saccharum spontaneum) – Kash moola is used in treating bleeding piles, burning urination and renal calculi. The potency of this herb is cool and it’s best to tackle pitta problems.
- IKSHUMOOLA (Saccharum officinarum) – This herb helps in normal functioning of the kidney by regulating protein level in the body. It cures burning sensation associated with urinary tract infections. It keeps the digestive system healthy and cures constipation.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
All above mentioned herbs are taken in coarse powder form and decoction is prepared with water, boil this, till it is reduced to ¼. This decoction is known as Bruhathaydi kashayam, preserved this in glass jars for use.
Bruhathayadi kashayam is specifically indicated in Piitaj shoola.
USES AND BENEFITS OF BRUHATHYADI KASHAYAM
- Bruhathayadi kashayam is a herbal formulation which is beneficial in urinary tract diseases as its ingredients are diuretic in nature. Being diuretic in nature it relieves symptoms like burning and painful urination.
- It has coolant properties due to which it is used in treating burning sensation and Pittaja fever.
- This herbal liquid formulation is anti-spasmodic in nature and useful in the treatment of dysmenorrhea, cystitis, etc.
- Bruhathayadi kashayam is a mild laxative in nature hence useful in constipation.
- Being a natural antibiotic in nature it is used to treat various infections in the body.
5 to 15 ML with 4 times boiled and cooled water once or twice daily
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy