Bilwadi Gutika (Vati)
Reference: Ashtangahrudayam Uttarasthana 36/84-85
Bilwadi Gutika (Vati) is a tablet, used in Ayurvedic treatment of insect bites, rodent bites, gastro enteritis etc.
10 g of each of:-
- Bilva – Bael (root) – Aegle marmelos
- Surasa – Holy Basil – Ocimum sanctum
- Karanja – Indian Beech (bark / seed) – Pongamia pinnata
- Nata – Indian valerian (root) – Valeriana wallichi
- Surahva – Himalayan cedar (bark) – Cedrus deodara
- Triphala - (Haritaki – Terminalia chebula, Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica, Amalaki – Emblica officinalis)
- Trikatu – (Shunti – Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis, Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum and Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum)
- Nisha – Turmeric (Rhizome) – Curcuma longa
- Daru Haridra – Tree Turmeric (stem) – Berberis aristata
- Goat urine – Quantity Sufficient.
How to make?
The fine powder of above ingredient is triturated with goat urine and tablets are prepared.
Bilwadi Gutika is an effective Ayurvedic tablets providing healing effects from problems arising due to imbalance of Kapha and Vata Dosha. It helps to curb the acute toxic pathological conditions.
It is an Ayurvedic remedy that has ability to counter the toxic effects that arise due to bites from cobra, scorpion, rodents, and insects, spiders, thereby providing relief from painful and inflammatory conditions.
This Ayurvedic medicine is also very useful in gastrointestinal conditions, it is suitable in gastro enteritis, providing relief from abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and reduces the frequency of watery stools. It also helps to improve digestion in case of indigestion and strengthens the digestive power, as well as helpful in dyspepsia, relieving the symptoms of flatulence and indigestion. It is even beneficial in cholera, improves the health of the patient by preventing the diarrheal condition. It is even helpful in managing the condition of Ulcerative Colitis. It is suitable medicine to manage the fever arising, reduces the fatigue. Also found to be useful in certain psychological conditions.
- Bite from insect, cobra, scorpion, rodents, and spiders
- Psychological condition
1 – 2 tablets once or twice a day, before food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Should use only under medical supervision. Its higher dose may cause burning sensation in stomach.