Chitraka Guda - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference - Bhaishajya Ratnavali
Chitraka Guda is an ayurvedic formulation. This is formulated from the mixture of many herbs. This formulation is known to treat problems related with digestive system.
- Guda – 4670 grams
- Bilvamool - Aegle marmelos's root
- Gambhari mool - Gmelina arborea's root
- Agnimantha mool - Clerodendrum phlomidis's root
- Sona patha mool - Oroxylum indicum's root
- Padhal mool - Stereospermum suaveolens's root
- Shalparni mool - Desmodium gangeticum's root
- Prishniparni mool - Uraria picta's root
- Kantkari mool - Solanum Xanthocarpum's root
- Brihati mool - Solanum indicum's root
- Gokshura mool - Tribulus terrestris's root
- Amla - Phyllanthus emblica
- Haritaki - Terminalia chebula
- Baheda - Terminalia bellirica
- Arak mool - Calotropis gigantean's root
- Shatavari mool - Asparagus racemosus's root
- Danti mool - Baliospermum montanum's root
- Chitrak mool - Plumbato zeylanica's root
- Aparajita - Clitoria Ternatea
- Rasna - Pluchea lanceolata
- Patha - Cissampelos pareira
- Kachur - Curcuma zedoaria
- Vrischikali (Indian heliotrope)
- Kakoli - Roscoea procera
- Yavakshara - Hordeum vulgare
- Haritaki choorna - Terminalia chebula's powder
- Shunthi choorna - Zingiber officinale's powder
- Pippali moola - Piper longum's root
- Maricha choorna - Piper nigrum's powder
- Chitraka mool choorna - Plumbago zeylanica's root powder
- Vacha choorna - Acorus Calamus's powder
- Hing fried in pure ghee
- Amlavet Choorna
Take following ingredients up to 470 grams:-
Take following ingredients up to 235 grams:-
Take following ingredients up to 93 grams:-
Method of Preparation
- Take the ingredients from number 1 to 23, put in an iron container and heat.
- Collect the bhasma ash when it becomes cool.
- Now mix with 13 liter water and strain for 21 times.
- Leave this for one day and night.
- Now take out the water and boil till water left up to one fourth level.
- Make the powder of ingredients from number 24 to 36.
- Now in a stainless steel container, added guda and kshara water.
- Boil this mixture till the sugar syrup is ready.
- Now cool it down and add the powder ingredients from number 24 to 36.
- Cool it down and take the mixture up to 10 grams.
- Make laddu from this and store these.
5 to 10 grams with water.
- Loss of appetite
- Weak digestion
- Cold and cough
- Spleen enlargement
- Urinary disease
- Stomach diseases
Take the formulation under doctor's prescription.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.