Reference – Sahasrayogam
Brahmi Drakshadi Kashayam is an ayurvedic formulation that is known to contain fruitful herbs. This formulation is known to treat the vata dosha related disorders. This is known to contain many effective herbs but out of them brahmi and draksha are known as very important herbs. Brahmi is known to contain memory-enhancing, anti-oxidants, immune-modulatory, anti-anxiety, anti-inflammatory etc. properties and draksha is known to contain anti-oxidant, laxative, stomachic, diuretic and cooling etc. properties.
- Trikatu - Pepper, Long pepper and Ginger
- Vacha - Acorus calamus
- Shatavari - Asparagus racemosus
- Brahmi - Bacopa monnieri
- Draksha - Vitis vinifera
- Musta - Cyperus rotundus
- Shamyaka - Cassia fistula
- Pathya - Terminalia chebula
- Dhatri - Emblica officinalis
- Dashamoola - group of ten roots
- Tikta - Picrorhiza kurroa
- Neem - Azadirachta indica
- Koshataki - Luffa echinata
- Devadaru - Cedrus deodara
- Vibhitaki - Terminalia bellirica
- Bala - Sida cordifolia
- Bhunimba - Andrographis paniculata
- Vahni - Plumbago zeylanica
Method of Preparation
- Take all the herbs in equal quantity in a pot.
- Water is added to that pot and pot is heated then.
- Do the process till the water reduced to its one-fourth level.
- Now water decoction of herbs are prepared.
5 to 10 ml, one to two times a day, before meals.
- Muscle stiffness
- Loss of movement
- Burning sensations
- Specifically no contraindications.
- Take medicine under doctor's prescription.