Brahmi Ghrita - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Ashtanga Hridayam Uttarsthana 6/23-25
Brahmi Ghrita is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine available in the herbal ghee form. This medicine has ghee as its base. It is mainly used for treatment of improving intelligence, learning skills and speech. It balances the vata, pitta and kapha.
- Brahmi – Bacopa monnieri juice extract – 1.536 liters
- Ghrita – 768 ml
12 g of each of:-
- Trikatu – Pepper, long pepper and ginger
- Shweta and Krishna Trivrit – Operculina turpethum
- Danti – Baliospermum montanum
- Shankhapushpi – Clitorea ternatea
- Nripadruma – Cassia fistula
- Saptala – Acacia sinuata
- Krumihara – Embelia ribes
As medicine – quarter to half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is usually administered with warm water.
Use of Brahmi Ghrita as a Brain Tonic for Healthy People
Healthy people can take Brahmi Ghrita as a brain tonic just before your morning cup of coffee / tea / milk. You can take it for up to two months.
- Improving learning skills
- Skin diseases
- Epilepsy and female infertility
- Stress disorder
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- It is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- People with diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high BP should exercise precaution.
- In very high dose, it may cause diarrhea and indigestion.