Ayurvedic Treatment of Bulged Disc
About Bulged Disc
A bulging disc is a tough outer layer of disc which bulges into the spinal canal. A herniated disc is the problem in which the disc has fractured and some of the soft inner part has leaked out. Bulged disc is problem of vertebrae and occurs in the cervical spine (neck), thoracic spine (mid and upper back) and lumbar spine (lower back).
In our vertebrae, fluid is filled in the discs which act as shock absorbers and supports spinal movements. Disc problem is due to injury or old age factors. When disc bulges towards the right or left side of the body it results in the pain, weakness, and numbness in arms or legs.
Symptoms of Bulged Disc
- Pain in arms and legs - If Bulged Disc in the lower back, there is the intense pain in the buttocks, thigh, calf, and pain may spread up to feet. Bulged Disc in the neck area results in the intense pain in shoulders and arms. This pain may also run into arms or legs during coughing and sneezing.
- Numbness - Numbness or tingling may also occur in the body parts by affected nerves.
- Weakness - Affected nerves results in weakness like stumbling and inability to hold things.
- If you are experiencing above mentioned symptoms then do visit your doctor.
Causes associated with Bulged Disc
- The Age factor is one of the major cause of Bulged Disc, because with age there is a gradual decrease in the water content of spinal disc. Due to this there is a less flexibility in the spinal disc and they are more prone to rupture or tear with a minor twist or strain.
- Injury, strain or an accident.
- Wrong posture.
- Lifting heavy object or use of back muscle in objects lifting.
What are the causes of Bulged Disc according to Ayurveda?
In Ayurveda there are three energies - vata, pita and kapha which are essential for a healthy body. Imbalance in any of three energies or the doshas results in the health complications. Bulged Disc is due to the vitiation of vata dosha which leads to pain and numbness in the legs and arms.
As per Ayurvedic perspective, to manage the Bulged Disc there are various herbs present in Ayurveda. These herbs help to pacify the aggravated vata dosha and strengthen the muscles and relax the nerves in a natural way without any negative impact on health.
Herbal Remedies for Bulged Disc by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers the best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Disc Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment for bulged disc. These herbal remedies are prepared by using the best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All the herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives, and preservatives. These are safe to use and free from side effects.
1. Boswellia Curcumin
Boswellia Curcumin capsules are an amazing herbal formulation for Bulged Disc by planet Ayurveda. This herbal product is available in the form of capsules. It is prepared by the combination of two of Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Curcumin (curcuma longa).
Benefits - Herbs used in the formulation of Boswellia Curcumin are full of anti-inflammatory properties and helps to give relief in the pain associated with Bulged Disc. Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) have the chemical compounds like diterpenes, triterpenes and tetracyclic Triterpenic which have anti-inflammatory properties. Curcumin (curcuma longa) also contains the chemical compound, Curcumin which also helps to reduce the pain. Thus this herbal product is very effective to resolve the Bulged Disc problems without any side effects on health.
Dosage - 1 capsules twice in a day with plain water after meals.
2. Aamvatantak churna
Planet Ayurveda offers Aamvatantak churna for Bulged Disc which is an amazing product. Aamvatantak churan is the combination of various herbs which are packed with phytochemical compounds like diterpenes, triterpenes, tetracyclic triterpenic which have anti-inflammatory properties that provide relief in the pain and also strengthen the muscles.
- Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha)
- Curcuma longa (Haridra)
- Trigonella foenum graecum ( Methi)
- Colchicum autumnale (Surnajan)
- Sphaeranthus indicus (Gorakhmundi)
- Zingiber officianle (Sonth)
Dosage - Half to one teaspoonful of this powder is taken with plain water after meals, twice in a day.
3. Hakam churna
Hakam churna is an amazing herbal formulation for Bulged Disc by planet Ayurveda. This herbal product is available in the form of powder. It is prepared by the combination of various herbs which are listed below:-
- Lepidium sativum (Chandershoor)
- Nigella sativa (Kalonji)
- Trigonella foenum graecum (Methi)
- Trachyspermum ammi (Ajwain)
Benefits - This herbal formulation is also called as Tridoshic Rasayan. This herbal formulation of planet Ayurveda is quite beneficial to provide relief in legs, arms pains associated with Bulged Disc.
Dosage - 3-5 grams of powder should be taken with hot water, twice in a day after meals. The dosage should not exceed than the recommended dose.
4. Yograj Guggul
For Bulged Disc Planet Ayurveda offers the yograj guggul which is very useful and many patients are benefitted with this. It is an amazing blend of various herbs which are listed below:-
- Commiphora mukul (Guggul)
- Cyperus rotundus (Mustak)
- Plumbago zeylanica (Chitrak)
- Emblica officinalis (Amla)
- Terminalia bellirica (Bibhitaki)
- Terminalia chebula (Haritaki)
- Piper longum (Pippali)
- Trachyspermum ammi (Ajwain)
- Embelia ribes (Vidanga)
- Tribulus terrestris (Gokshura)
- Cuminum cyminum (Jeera)
- Rock salts.
- Zinger officinale(Sonth)
Benefits - Herbs used in the formulation of this product are very helpful to pacify the aggravated vata dosha. Yograj guggul is useful herbal formulation for Bulged Disc by Planet Ayurveda. It helps to strengthen muscles and relaxes the nerves in the case of Bulged Disc.
Dosage - 2 tablets twice in a day with plain water after meals.
To buy Disc Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/disc-care-pack.
- Always use comfortable chairs to sit.
- Avoid prolonged sitting, take short breaks.
- Sleep in a proper posture.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
- Mattresses used must be comfortable and supportive to your spinal' nerves.
- Consume dairy products like yogurt, cheese and milk as they are the rich source of calcium.
- Consume green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale and broccoli etc.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid alcohol/smoking