CHANDANASAVAM - INGREDIENTS, INDICATIONS, USES AND BENEFITS
Chandanasavam is an Ayurvedic formulation which is used in the treatment of urinary tract disorders and chronic kidney diseases. Traditionally, it is used in treating low sperm count and burning micturition. It pacifies pitta dosha in the body hence useful to combat heating effect in the body. It is a cardiac tonic that strengthens the cardiac muscles.
- SHWETA CHANDAN (Santalum album) – 1 pal
- BALAKA (Pavonia odorata) - 1 pal
- MUSTA (Cyperus rotundus) - 1 pal
- GAMBHARI (Gmelina arborea) - 1 pal
- NILOTPALA (Nymphaea stellata) - 1 pal
- PRIYANGU (Callicarpa macrophylla) - 1 pal
- PADMAKA (Prunus cerasoides) - 1 pal
- LODHRA (Symplocos racemosa) - 1 pal
- MANJISHTA (Rubia cordifolia) - 1 pal
- RAKTA CHANDAN (Pterocarpus santalinus) - 1 pal
- PATHA (Cissampelos pareira) - 1 pal
- KIRATIKTA (Swertia chirata) - 1 pal
- NYAGRODHA (Ficus benghalensis) - 1 pal
- PIPPLAI (Piper longum) - 1 pal
- SATHI (Hedychium spicatum) - 1 pal
- PARPATA (Fumia indica) - 1 pal
- MADHUKA (Madhuka indica) - 1 pal
- RASNA (Pluchea lanceolata) - 1 pal
- PATOLA (Trichosanthes dioica) - 1 pal
- KACHNAAR (Bauhinia variegata) - 1 pal
- AMRA TAWAK (Mangifera indica) - 1 pal
- MOCHARASA (Bombax malabaricum) - 1 pal
- SANDHAN DRVAYS
- DHATAKI FLOWERS (Woodfordia fruticosa) - 16 pal
- DRAKSHA POWDER (Vitis vinifera) – 20 pal
- SHARKARA (SUAGR) – 1 tula
- GUDA (JAGGERY) – ½ tula
- WATER – 2 drona
Reference – Bhaishjyaratamnavali // Asava yoga prakaranam
BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
- SHWETA CHANDAN (Santalum album) – Shawet chandan is coolant in nature. It is helpful to relieve symptoms associated with urinary tract infection. It provides relief from burning micturition and increased frequency of urine.
- BALAKA (Pavonia odorata) – Balaka is bitter in taste and light to digest. It treats anorexia, indigestion and excessive thirst. This herb is also beneficial for heart ailments.
- MUSTA (Cyperus rotundus) – This herb is easy to digest due to its light nature. It is bitter in taste and acts as an absorbent and helpful in treating diarrhoea. It is carminative in action hence relieve symptoms of bloating. It is the best herb to treat fever and gastritis.
- GAMBHARI (Gmelina arborea) – Gambhari is among dashmoola group of herbs which have anti inflammatory properties. It is used in treating the heart disorders and dysuria. This herb also relieves constipation.
- NILOTPALA (Nymphaea stellata) – This herb has astringent activity; bitter in taste and easy to digest. Due to its astringent quality it is used in treating diarrhea, ulcerative colitis and inflammatory bowel disorder. This herb mainly pacifies pitta dosha in body and used in treatment of bleeding disorders.
- PRIYANGU (Callicarpa macrophylla) – PRIYANGU is normally used in treatment of ulcerative colitis and burning sensation due to its pitta pacifying action. It is also used in general debility and loss of appetite.
- PADMAKA (Prunus cerasoides) – Padmaka is used in treatment of cardiac debility. It is also used in treating seminal weakness and stomach disorders.
- LODHRA (Symplocos racemosa) – Lodhra is a main herb used in the treatment of inflammatory conditions. It is used in treating fever, digestive ailments, etc.
- MANJISHTA (Rubia cordifolia) – This herb is potent immune booster. It is helpful to maintain good digestion. It acts as detoxifier, helps in removal of toxins from body.
- RAKTACHANDAN (Pterocarpus santalinus) – Raktachandan helps in treatment of sexual disorders. It also relieves symptoms like tiredness and fatigue. It is used in emaciation and provides strength to body.
- PATHA (Cissampelos pareira) – Patha is used in the treatment of diarrhea and fever. It is very bitter and pungent in taste.
- KIRATIKTA (Swertia chirata) – This herb is mainly used in treatment of infectious and anti inflammatory diseases. It is bitter in taste and used in treating diabetes and urinary tract disorders.
- NYAGRARODHA (Ficus benghalensis) – It has astringent properties. It helps to regulates blood glucose level in the body. It is used in treating burning sensation and gastritis.
- PIPPLAI (Piper longum) – Pippali is strong and piercing in nature. It boosts immunity power and provides resistance to fight against diseases.
- SHATI (Hedychium spicatum) - Shati has astringent, pungent and bitter taste. It is light in digestion and hot in potency.
- PARPATA (Fumia indica) – It has pitta pacifying action and used in treating fever and burning sensation. This herb is also beneficial in generalised weakness and tiredness as it nourishes body.
- MADHUKA (Madhuka indica) – It has nutritious and nourishing properties. It is highly beneficial in improving quality and quantity of sperms.
- RASNA (Pluchea lanceolata) – This herb is the best known for its anti inflammatory and analgesic properties. It is digestive in nature and relieves toxins from the body.
- PATOLA (Trichosanthes dioica) – Patola is medicinal plant as well as best vegetable to improve digestion. It improves taste and helps in the treatment of anorexia and indigestion.
- KACHNAAR (Bauhinia variegata) - It is useful in the treatment of prostate problems thus helps in urinary problems.
- AMRA TAWAK (Mangifera indica) – The bark of this plant used in treating low sperm count and is restorative in nature (balya). It also restores digestion.
- MOCHARASA (Bombax malabaricum) – It has astringent and styptic activity. It improves sperm quality and quantity.
- BENEFITS OF SANDHAN DRVAYAS ( FERMENTING HERBS) – The fermentation herbs are used to initiate the process of fermentation. The natural sugar content present in jaggery and draksha undergoes fermentation process.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Prepare the coarse powder of churan dravays and mix it with sandhan drvays (Fermentation herbs) followed by water taken in an earthen vessel. The mud vessel should be sealed properly and kept undisturbed for one month in a room. After completion of fermentation process it should be filtered and stored in glass jar. This preparation is called as Chandanasavam.
This herbal formulation is indicated in seminal disorders, polyuria and heart diseases. It provides strength to body and increase digestive fire.
USES AND BENEFITS OF CHANDANASAVAM
- Chandanasavam has antimicrobial activity due to its ingredients. It is used in treating urinary tract infections.
- Due to pitta pacifying properties of this asvam, it is used to reduce symptoms of chronic kidney disease. It also prevents further progress of disease.
- This herbal formulation is best used to increase digestive power of body.
- It also helpful in treating semen related disorders and helps to maintain good sperm quality and quantity.
12 to 25 ML once or twice daily as advised by Physician
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy