Reference - Sahasra Yoga Kashaya prakarana 30
Chandanosiradi Kashayam is an ayurvedic formulation that is known to treat the problems of pitta dosha. It is known to balance the pitta. Chandana is one of its main ingredients, which is known to contain medicinal properties like aromatic, cardiac-tonic, aphrodisiac, diuretic and antipyretic etc.
- Chandana - Santalum album
- Usheera - Vetiveria zizanioides
- Mudga - Vigna radiate
- Yava - Barley
- Pippali - Piper longum
- Musta - Cyperus rotundus
- Laja - Parched rice
Method of Preparation
- Take all the ingredients in equal quantity.
- Now put all the herbs in a pot and add water in it.
- Now boil the water to make decoction.
- Boil till the water is reduced to its one fourth level and the filter.
- Your decoction is prepared.
- 12 to 24 ml, before meals, two times a day with equal amount of water.
- For children – 3 to 5 ml with equal or double quantity of water, one to two times a day, before meals.
- Bleeding disorders such as menorrhagia, nasal bleeding and ulcerative colitis.
- Cold and cough
- Precautions should be taken during pregnancy.
- Take under medical prescription.