Chandrakala Ras - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Chandrakala Ras is an herbal formulation in the form of a tablet. It consists of herbal and mineral components, so, it should be strictly used under medical supervision. It is used in treating diabetes and the complications it causes like neuropathy.
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Camphor (Cinnamomum camphora)
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans)
- Silk cotton tree (Bombax malabaricum)
- Purified and processed mercury
- Tin Bhasma
- Iron Bhasma
- Tinospora (Tinospora cordifolia)
Method of Preparation
Clean and crush all the ingredients to a fine powder except Tinospora cordifolia. Make a decoction of Tinospora and Bombax malabaricum mixed with honey. Triturate the powders in this concoction and make pills from it.
1 – 2 tablets after meals twice daily with Cow Milk.
- Burning sensation on palms and soles
- Burning sensation during micturition
- Over dosage might alter control of blood sugar levels.
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Avoid consumption of this medicine during pregnancy.
- Self-medication is not encouraged.