About Childhood Asthma
Childhood asthma which is an upper respiratory disorder is characterized with inflammation of airways and lungs on exposure to certain triggers. It may get aggravated on inhaling pollen, cold or flu or due to other respiratory infection. Childhood asthma may create annoying and disturbing environment which directly affects the quality of life. If the condition is not controlled it can impose serious complications like asthma attacks.
Symptoms of Childhood Asthma
- Shortness of breath along with coughing and wheezing.
- Bronchitis soon after a respiratory infection.
- Experiencing a trouble during playing or exercising.
- Poor sleep induced Fatigue.
- Frequent, and annoying intermittent coughing.
- Whistling and wheezing sound during breathing.
- Congestion and chest tightness.
- Experiencing pain in chest.
Causes of Childhood Asthma
- Viral infections includes common cold and flu
- Getting exposed to different air pollutants and smoke
- Being Allergic to mold, dust mites, pollen and pet dander
- Excess Physical activity
- Weather changes and cold air
Diagnosis of Childhood Asthma
- Blood test - In this case sample of blood is taken for measuring the level of white blood cells that may aggravate in response to infections.
- Chest X-ray - An image taken with a chest X-ray shows and clarifies the changes in the lung when asthma is moderate to severe.
- Allergy test - In this case a skin and even a blood test is helpful in indicating allergy to a suspected allergen.
Prevention of Childhood Asthma
If one becomes aware of the triggers for his child's asthma, it's advisable to make adjustments at home and our surroundings in order to mitigate and prevent condition from becoming worse.
- One must clean thoroughly the house and the surroundings for controlling dust and pet dander.
- One must also keep a check on pollen count reports.
- Regularly removing and cleaning products along with household products which are major triggers and irritants.
- Try to be regular with taking your child’s allergy medicine on time as advised by your physician.
- Being strict with your child for hand washing and eating habits to mitigate irritant induced asthma.
Herbal Remedies for Childhood Asthma by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies like Asthma Care Pack for ayurvedic and natural treatment of childhood asthma. These herbal remedies are formulated from using pure and natural herbs. These herbs are used since ages and there are no added chemicals and any kind of preservatives in these herbal remedies.
- Aller-G Care - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Praanrakshak churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily with plain water after meals.
- Tulsi Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
1. Aller-G Care
These are herbal capsules which are obtained from standardized extracts of various herbs which are explained below:
- Haridra or Turmeric (Curcuma longa): Curcumin the main constituent of turmeric which shows various medicinal properties like anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica): It is one of most effective and common remedy for allergy. It helps to expel the toxins from body and get relief from symptoms of asthma.
- Shirish (Albizia lebbeck): It is described as vishaghan in Ayurveda and removes poison from the body. It helps to remove toxins from the body and enhance the immunity of body.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): It is very effective to reduce inflammation and allergies. It provides strength to the overall body and improves immune system of body.
Benefits:- The herbs used in the formulation are packed with properties that help to ease the symptoms of asthma such as coughing, breathing problems, fatigue and wheezing.
Dose:- 2 capsules, twice daily after meals with water.
2. Praanrakshak Churna
It is herbal powder formulation which helps to reduce the symptoms of asthma. The herbs used in this churna are listed below:
List of Ingredients:-
- Twak (Cinnamomum zeylanica): It is very effective to provide relief from respiratory problems like bronchitis, asthma.
- Shirish (Albizia lebbeck): It helps to remove accumulated poisons metabolites from body. According to Ayurveda, these ama or toxins in the body get disturbed the normal metabolism that results in problem.
- Vasa (Adhatoda vasica): This herb has property to relieving bronchitis, asthma and other lung disorders. Its leaves are used in the form of decoction and can be used in asthma related symptoms like cough, colds.
- Anantmool (Tylophora asthmatica): The leaves of Anantmool possess amazing therapeutic properties. It is a very good expectorant, emetic and diaphoretic. Also used for treating and mitigating cold, asthma and allergies.
- Bharangi (Clerodandrum serratum): It is useful in diseases where breathing is difficult, like asthma allergy, bronchitis, cough etc.
- Mulethi (Glycerrhiza glabra): It is also known with the name Licorice. It has good anti-inflammatory and benefits a lot to reduce inflammation of bronchial tubes and also restores normal breathing. Other than this it also has immune-stimulant properties.
Benefits:- These herbs are known to very effective to manage the respiratory and lung infections. It is very effective for curing respiratory symptoms and also considered best remedy for asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory infections.
Dose:- 1 teaspoonful twice daily or take 1 tsp. of the powder and boil in 400ml water until it remains 50-60ml. approximately. Then strain it and drink at room temperature. Try to make it fresh every day. It is advised to have it twice daily after meals.
3. Tulsi Capsules
These capsules are obtained from standardized extract of Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum). It is also known as Holy Basil. It has not only medicinal value but also has religious value. This herb is very effective in treating of various respiratory illness and also balances overall respiratory system. It is also effective against various infections like cold, flu which may be causative factor of asthma and enhance the immune system of body.
Dose:- 2 capsules with milk or water after meals.Share with your friends: