Herbal Remedies for Common Cold
About Common Cold
Common cold is an upper respiratory tract infectious disease caused by a different type of viruses. Viruses invade your body and failed it to generate resistance against of all of them. So, it is considered as a frequent illness. The problem of common cold mostly circulates during fall, winter and spring. This is also a communicable disease that can be passed from one person to another in the small drops produced during coughing and sneezing. They can also be spread by hand to hand contact after touching infected noses and eyes. This virus can be present anywhere such as on dusty places on pens, keyboards etc.
Causes of Common Cold
The main cause is virus and substances in the air known as allergens that can give rise to common cold.
Lack of fresh air, closed windows, poor health and some indoor air pollutants seem to increase susceptibility of this problem.
Symptoms of Common Cold
Cold symptoms usually appears with sore and an itchy throat. This is followed by a stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, loss of appetite and fatigue. Fever may be present in children, but is rare in adults.
Risk Factors associated with Common Cold
- Lower age group that includes young children and infant are more prone to common cold as they have immature immune system and more likely to be affected by such viral infections.
- Seasonal changes are also one of the reason as the problem of common cold is mostly seen in winter fall or rainy season.
- Sleep disturbances may increase the risk of developing cold symptoms.
Precautions for Common Cold
To minimize your risk of getting sick or making others sick, follow good hygiene habits such as wash your hands regularly and not forget to cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, using a tissue or your upper sleeve.
Diagnosis of Common Cold
- Diagnosis is done on the basis of symptoms and signs.
- Physical examination is done such as chest X-ray.
Herbal Remedies for Common Cold by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides wonderful herbal remedies like Kaas-Har Churna, Aller-G Care and Curcumin Capsules for ayurvedic treatment of common cold. These herbal remedies are free from any kind of side effects as there are no chemicals or preservatives used in these herbal remedies. So let's have a look on these herbal remedies that are formulated by planet Ayurveda to treat the problem of common cold.
1. Kaas-Har Churna
This herbal blend is formulated using various herbs that are Mishri, Vanshlochan, Pippali, Ela and Dalchini. These are the herbs that are used to create this amazing blend. This herbal remedy is formulated using these amazing natural herbs that help to eliminate the problem of common cold.
Benefits and Properties of the Herbs Used to Create this Amazing Blend:-
- Mishri: Mishri is a sweet herb. This is included to act as a natural sweetener in this blend and also keep the throat wet and suppresses sudden bout and coughs.
- Vanshlochan: The main function of this herb is to keep the respiratory tract clean. The main property of this herb is that it does not let the throat to try and help to get rid of itchy and scratchy throat.
- Pippali: This herb contains natural properties that help to clear the mucus from the body and improves blood circulation in the body.
- Ela: This herb is also used as a spice in Indian kitchens and is commonly known as cardamom. This herb helps to get rid of sore throat and influenza.
- Dalchini: The properties of this particular herb are helpful in fighting with the microbes present in the respiratory tract. This herb also helps to fight against pathogens and also provides relief from breathe related problems like difficulty in breathing, cough, cold.
Dosage:- 1-2 teaspoon with plain water.
2. Aller-G Care
As we know that one of the causes of common cold can also be the allergens present in the environment so this herbal remedy is formulated to fight against the allergens and make the immune system strong.
These Aller-G Care capsules are formulated using various herbs namely haridra, neem, shirish, ashwagandha. These herbs are very beneficial. The herb haridra removes radicals from the body and neem helps to remove toxins from the body. Ashwagandha helps in relieving stress from the body and helps to cope up with fatigue. Shirish is another herb used in the formulation of this particular herbal remedy. This herb helps to remove toxins from the body and also removes metabolites from the body that are accumulated as a result of fat, carbohydrate and protein metabolism.
Dosage:- For adults 1-2 capsules daily with milk after meals, for children -1 capsule daily.
3. Curcumin Capsules
Curcumin is considered as a main source of antioxidant. It also provides two major enzymes that promote the inflammation in the body. It provides strength to the immune system of the body that helps to fight with certain kind of bacteria and virus. This is also considered as one of the best anti-ageing supplement.
Dosage:- 2 capsules twice a day with plain water daily after meals.
So, these are the herbal remedies that are formulated by Planet Ayurveda using natural herbs and herb extracts. These herbs are of great importance in Ayurveda since ancient times.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile