Brihat Gangadhara Churna
Reference - Sharangadhara, Madhyama Khanda 6/49 - 51.
Brihat Gangadhara Churna is an ayurvrdic formulation that is prepared from various herbs mixture. This formulation is known for its alternative and astringent properties. This treats gastrointestinal and dysentery problems.
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus)
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos)
- Dhataki (Woodfordia fruticosa)
- Kutaja (Holarrhena antidysenterica's bark)
- Araluka (Ailanthus excels)
- Lajjalu (Mimosa pudica)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
- Patha (Cyclea peltata)
- Balaka (Pavonia odorata)
- Amrabeeja (Mangifera indica's seeds)
- Prativisha (Aconitum heterophyllum)
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa)
- Mocharasa (Bombax ceiba)
- Indrayava (Holarrhena antidysenterica's seeds)
Method of preparation
- Took all the herbs up to 10 gram.
- Powdered all the herbs separately.
- Now collect all the powdered herbs and mix together to form Brihat Gangadhara Churna.
2 to 6 grams, three times a day before or after meals.
- Sprue syndrome
- Irregular bowel movements
Over dose can cause constipation.