About Coronary Artery Disease
Another name for Coronary artery disease (CAD) is ischemic heart disease (IHD). It refers to a group of diseases which involves stable angina, unstable angina, sudden cardiac death and myocardial infarction. It is one of the cardiovascular diseases which is the most common type. A common symptom is discomfort or chest pain which may radiate towards the arm, shoulder, back, neck, or jaw. Occasionally it may feel like heartburn. Usually it occurs with exercise or emotional stress which lasts for less than a few minutes and which improves with rest. Shortness of breath may also occur and sometimes it is asymptomatic. The first sign of this disease is heart attack. Other complications are also there which includes heart failure and heartbeat which are abnormal.
What are the Causes of Coronary Artery Disease?
This disease can affect people of any age and can occur at any point of life. This disease can be congenital and another reason can be the changed lifestyle and eating habits. The most common cause of the coronary artery disease is atherosclerosis.
What are the Risk Factors of Coronary Artery Disease?
- Risk factors include high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, lack of exercise, high blood cholesterol, obesity, poor diet, depression, and excessive alcohol intake.
- Age is also the risk factor because the risk of this disease increases with the growing age.
- Males are at greater risk of developing coronary artery diseases rather than females.
- An unbalanced diet which consists of high amount of carbohydrates and fats is also another risk factor for coronary artery disease.
What is the Pathogenesis of Coronary Artery Disease?
According to some studies, the underlying mechanism involves the reduction of oxygen and blood flow to the heart muscles and the reason behind this is again atherosclerosis.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Coronary Artery Disease?
- Chest pain which occurs regularly after eating, with activity or at other time is called as stable angina and is associated with the constriction of the arteries of the heart. Angina that changes in character, intensity or frequency is called as unstable angina. Unstable angina may leads to myocardial infarction. About 30% of adults have pain due to coronary artery disease who go to the emergency department with an unclear reason of pain.
- Dyspnoea, Weakness and numbness in any body part can also be seen in the case of coronary artery disease.
How to Diagnose Coronary Artery Disease?
For people which such symptoms, stress echocardiography can be used to diagnose obstructive coronary artery disease. The use of stress cardiac imaging, echocardiography, or advanced non-invasive imaging is not recommended in the individuals who are asymptomatic and are at decreased risk for developing coronary disease.
The following tests helps in proper diagnosis of coronary artery disease:
- Baseline electrocardiography(ECG)
- Exercise ECG –Stress test
- Coronary angiography
- Exercise radioisotope test (nuclear stress test, myocardial scintigraphy)
- Magnetic resonance imaging(MRI)
- Echocardiography(including stress echocardiography)
- Intravascular ultrasound
- An x-ray of chest and blood tests can also be performed but the first choice among diagnostic tools is electrocardiogram.
Treatment of Coronary Artery Disease
Ayurveda is an ancient science of medicine which provides a huge range of herbs to treat almost all kinds of diseases. People have a strong belief on ayurvedic treatment rather than modern medicines because it is 100% effective, 100% safe, and natural with less side effects. The best place to buy the ayurvedic medicines is Planet Ayurveda which offers a huge range of herbal medicines to treat almost every kind of disease.
Herbal Remedies for Coronary Artery Disease by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Heart Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of coronary artery disease. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Arjuna Capsules - 1 Capsule twice daily with plain water, after meals.
- Arjun Tea - 1 Cup daily.
- Total Heart Support - 2 Capsules twice daily with plain water, after meals.
- Gotu Kola Capsules - 1 Capsule twice daily with plain water, after meals.
1. Arjuna Capsules
Arjuna capsules is a wonderful remedy for the treatment of coronary artery disease. Its anti-ischaemic properties helps in the treatment of coronary artery disease. It helps in treating the symptoms like high blood pressure, high triglycerides and high cholesterol.
2. Arjun Tea
Arjuna tea helps in strengthening the muscles of heart. Arjun tea helps in lowering high cholesterol as well as high blood pressure. It helps in treating all kinds of heart diseases due to the presence of flavonoids, antioxidants. It is also helps in the treatment of fatigue, circulatory aliments and congestive heart failure. It helps in strengthening the muscles of heart by improving the pumping capacity of the heart. By drinking Arjuna tea, one can get rid of angina, cardiomyopathy, heart attack, coronary artery disease.
3. Total Health Support
Total health support helps in improving heart functioning. It improves blood pressure. Total health support is a cardiac tonic due to presence of Shankhpushpi in it. It helps in relieving stress, blood pressure, nervousness, anxiety and other heart ailments. It is a wonderful remedy in the treatment of blocked coronary arteries, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, myocardial infarction and angina. It helps in treating any blockage within the arteries.
4. Gotu Kola Capsules
Gotukola capsules are prepared from the herbal extract of a natural herb that is Gotukola also known as Mandukaparni (Centella asiatica). Gotukola capsules help in pacification of tri dosha in the body. Gotukola aids in improving overall cardiac health as it contains various antioxidant properties. Gotukola capsules help in improving the cardiac debility and also enhance the blood circulation.
To buy Heart Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/heart-care-pack