Reference - Sahasrayoga Kashayaprakarana.
Elakanadi Kashayam is an ayurvedic formulation that is prepared from mixture of medicinal herbs. One of the important herb is ela, which is also known with the name – cardamom, which is enriched with properties like digestive, carminative, diuretic and many more. This formulation is known to treat the problems related to respiratory problems.
- Ela – Elettaria cardamomum
- Amruta – Tinospora cordifolia
- Madhuka – Glycyrhiza glabra
- Ginger - Zingiber officinale
- Ambu – Hemidesmus indicus
- Kana – Piper longum
- Nimba – Azadirachta indica
- Abda – Cyperus rotundus
- Vasa – Adhatoda vasica
- Dashamoola – known to contain ten herb roots:
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha – Premna mucronata
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
Method of Preparation
- Take all the ingredients in equal quantity and add in a pot which contains 8 parts of water.
- Boil the water mixture till it is reduced up to its one fourth level and then filter it.
- Decoction is prepared now.
12 to 24 ml, two times a day, before meals.
- As Adjuvant in Tuberculosis treatment
- Gastritis due to over dose.
- Take medicine under doctor's prescription.
Note:- This is pure classical Ayurvedic medicine and should be strictly consumed only after prescription of an Ayurvedic doctor and to be taken under medical supervision only.
Dr. Meenakshi Chauhan
MD (ALT. MEDICINE) View Profile