What is Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B is a viral infection of your liver which can cause both acute and chronic diseases. In today's date, it can be prevented by currently available safe and effective vaccines. There's been also other types of hepatitis, i.e. hepatitis A, C, D, and E. this viral infection can be transmitted through blood contact and other body fluids of an infected person. It's a life threatening liver infection caused by the Hepatitis B virus. It mainly causes cirrhosis and liver cancer in a patient infected with Hepatitis B. This virus can survive outside the body for at least 7 days and during these 7 days it can still infect a healthy person who has not taken HBV vaccination. The incubation period of hepatitis virus is more than 75 days and the virus can be detected within 30-60 days after the infection.
It's a highly contagious disease which can easily spread from an infected person to a healthy person. The virus mostly spreads through direct contact with infected blood, transfer from mother to baby during birth, by use of the contaminated needle, intimate contact with an infected person, using a razor and other items which contain remains of infected blood.
Who are at high risk of developing Hepatitis B?
- People with kidney disease
- Healthcare works
- People over the age of 60 with diabetes
- People who are using IV drugs
- People with multiple sex partners
- A person with chronic liver disease
- A person who always travels to countries with a high incidence of HBV infection.
Symptoms of Hepatitis B
- Belly pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dark colored urine
- Feeling tired
- A headache
- Pain in joints
- Jaundice (eyes and skin turns yellow)
- Pale, clay-colored stool
- Loss of appetite
Causes of Hepatitis B
The main cause behind this disease is hepatitis B virus. It's a small DNA virus which causes liver diseases such as cirrhosis and liver cancer. The virus can spread through blood, semen and it does not spread by sneezing and coughing.
According to Ayurveda, there are three doshas (kapha, pitta, and vata). Aggravated Pitta is directly associated with excess bile production and also cause blockage of bile. This will ultimately affect the Agni (digestive fire) of the body which is responsible for absorption, digestion and body metabolism. According to Ayurveda "Yakrit" which is the Sanskrit name of liver and "Vikara" known as a disorder. So hepatitis is somehow related to Yakrit vikar.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Hepatitis B by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda has provided us with an herbal combo pack known as "Liver Care pack", which contains a blend of various natural herbs. It is free from any harmful preservative, additive and chemical compounds. The all the products of Liver Care Pack contains natural extract of herb such as Indian Echinacea, Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrao), Makoy (Solanum indicum), Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa), Kaasni (Cichorium intybus), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba) etc.
- Indian Echinacea - 2 capsule twice daily after meals.
- Yakrit Plihantak Churna - You can boil the powder 1 teaspoonful in 400 ml water, keep it boiling until it remains 50 ml. Strain it and drink the water. Leave the residue. Do it twice daily. Make fresh every time.
- Phyllanthus Niruri - 2 capsule twice daily after meals.
- Liver Detox Capsules - 2 twice daily after meals.
1. Echinacea Capsules
This product contains a blend of herb Echinacea, which is native to the United States. This herb has been used as a traditional herbal remedy for the treatment of liver disorders. It mostly fights with the liver infection due to the hepatitis virus. The herb also cures problems such as a cough, tonsils, skin inflammation and also helps to boost your immune system. The whole plant such as flower, roots, and leaves has been used as ayurvedic treatment.
2. Yakrit Plihantak churna
This product is an herbal mixture of specific herbs such as Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrao), Makoy (Solanum indicum), Kaasni (Cichorium intybus), Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), and Sharpunkha (Tephrosia purpurea). Planet Ayurveda has made this herbal product by strictly following the principle of Ayurveda.
- Bhumi Amla: This herb is a rich source of vitamin C and helps to remove all the toxins from the body, ultimately purifies the blood. It helps to bring the liver functioning back to its normal.
- Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrao): The meaning of Katuki in the Sanskrit language is bitter. It helps to remove the excess pitta from the body which is the main reason for liver disorders.
- Sharpunkha: It’s a fruitful herb which is used for liver health. It removes the inflammation and bacterial infection from the body.
- Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa): The herb contains an anti-diabetic, diuretic and acts as a great liver tonic. Being laxative and diuretic it helps in detoxification and fluid retention.
3. Phyllanthus niruri
This product is act as a liver cleanser and rejuvenates the liver. The product contains natural extract of Bhumi Amla. The main chemical constituents of the herb are lignans, alkaloids, flavonoids, gernanin, amarin, and phenylpropanoid. It is used for the protection of jaundice, skin disease, inflammation of the liver and spleen, etc.
4. Liver Detox Formula
As the name suggested, the product helps to detoxify the liver and remove all the toxin from the liver. The product contains number of herbs such as Katuki (Picrorhiza kurrao), Punarnava (Boerrhavia diffusa), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Makoy (Solanum nigrum), Biranjasipha (Achillea millefolium-Yarrow), Jhavuka (Tamarix galluca), Himsra (capparis spinosa), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), and Kasni (Cichorium intybus).
The herb which has been used in Liver care pack is really very effective and they help to remove the liver toxins and provide protection to your liver from Hepatitis B virus. It's a purely natural product and has no side effects. You should try this product for liver disorders.
Where to buy Liver Care Pack?
To buy Liver Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/liver-care-pack.html.
What should you eat when you have hepatitis B?
A bad diet contains many toxins which can further worsen the hepatitis infection. Bad habits such as excess alcohol consumption can damage your liver and spreads the infection more. A good diet and healthy lifestyle help to bring your health back and actually improves liver function and lowered risk of liver cirrhosis. So you should opt for a healthy lifestyle and avoids all the things which we will mention in the next heading.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Eat lots of protein-rich food such as fish, skinless chicken, egg white and beans.
- Low-fat dairy products
- Add whole grains such as pats, brown rice, barley, and quinoa in your diet.
- Add healthy fats like nuts, avocado, olive oil in your daily routine.
What not to eat when you have hepatitis B?
You should keep one thing in mind that an unhealthy diet can lead to liver damage. If you eat lots of fried, highly processed food, such as pasta, noodles, burger sugary foods, fatty foods, on daily basis then this will lead to fat consumption in your liver and ultimately you could face the problem of "Fatty Liver". Which is directly associated with cirrhosis. So you need to avoid the things which are mentioned below:
- Avoid soda, packed high fat dairy products.
- Fast foods
- Sugary items like cookies packed baked goods etc.
- Fried foods