Reference - Yoga Ratnakara Atisara Chikitsa.
Dadimavaleha is known as one of the ayurvedic formulation that is prepared from the mixture of herbs. One of the main ingredient of this formulation is dadima. Dadima is famous with the name of pomegranate. This herb is known to have properties like astringent anti-oxidant, anti-proliferative and proapoptotic etc.
- Dadima - Punica granatum
- Dhanyaka – Coriandrum sativum
- Ajwain – Trachyspermum ammi
- Sonth – Zingiber officinalis
- Pippalimoola – Piper longum
- Tuga – Bambusa arundinacea
- Vijaya – Cannabis indica
- Pippali – Piper longum
- Jatiphala - Myristica fragrans
- Kuta Shalmali – Ceiba pentandra
- Aralu – Ailanthus excelsa
- Maricha – Piper nigrum
- Patha – Cyclea peltata
- Lavanga – Syzigium aromaticum
- Jiraka – Cuminum cyminum
- Nimba patra – Azadirachta indica
- Samanga – Rubia cordifolia
- Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
Method of Preparation
- Take dadima fruit up to 768 grams and add with 4 parts of water.
- Boil the water till it is reduced up to one-fourth level.
- Filter after the boiling process and collect the filtrate.
- The decoction of dadima is prepared.
- Added 768 grams sugar to this decoction and heat to get semi solid consistency.
- After this, add the ingredients from number 2 to 18. Take these ingredients up to 48 grams.
- Add honey and ghee to this mixture also. Take these ingredients up to 768 grams.
- Dadimavaleha is fully prepared after the above procedure.
5 to 10 grams, one to two times a day, before or after meals, with honey, milk or warm water.
- Ulcerative colitis
- Abdominal colic
Constipation arises due to over dose.Share with your friends: