Essential Ayurvedic Daily Regimen & Tips for Growing Years of Children
In today's world everybody is crazy about fashion, looks, and work due to advanced urbanization. But, one thing which lacks behind in all this is Nutrition, because all and one loved to have fast food, packed and unhealthy food. These food items are highly non-nutritious and harmful for our health. Among all stages of life nutrition, for school going children, it is the most necessary because the immunity develops well during this time. So, today we will focus on what should be the Ayurvedic Diet of the Students in their Growing Age for their better Involvement in Academics & Sports.
Importance of Diet
Diet has a huge importance in life. In ayurvedic texts also, our ancient Acharya elegantly explained about diet as below:-
Acharya Charaka said that both good health and diseases are the consequences of the food we eat. Happiness and misery is the superintendent on Wholesome and unwholesome food. So we should have a healthy and nutritious diet.
At growing age, as in school going children, a nutritious and healthy diet is very vital as the body needs more nutrition than at other times. What is a healthy diet? This question is very common to arise as a healthy diet also varies from person to person, of different prakritis as well as their health! Right? A healthy diet is one which is balanced and full of carbohydrates, minerals, proteins, and lots of micronutrients, based on the body constitution of the person. Following diet can be included in the daily routine of the disease-free students of any Prakriti, for their better development in sports and academics:-
1. Intake Of Milk And Its Products
Daily intake of 1 glass of Milk in Morning is highly nutritious and good for health as milk is considered as a complete food for growing age. It contains all the healthy nutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, etc. You can also consider products made of milk i.e.,
2. Take Dry Fruits Daily
The child can take peanuts, almonds, raisins, etc. as these are good and rich sources of calories, essential fats, dietary fiber, and healthy monounsaturated fats. These also contain vitamins, carotenoids, and various minerals. Dried dates, and pistachios can also be taken. By the side of these benefits, dry fruits are wonderful antioxidants and detoxify the body by clearing all the harmful toxins as well.
3. Use Of Protein Smoothies
At the developing age, you can give your children homemade protein smoothies such as Vanilla Shake, Caramel Apple Shake, Chocolate Shake, Banana Nut Shake, Strawberry Shake, etc. These possess lots of health benefits due to the presence of a good amount of vitamins, essential minerals, and proteins. These protein supplements provide 400-600 calories per day.
4. Diet Should Include Starch Rich Foods
Starch rich food provides extra calories to the body which is very useful in school going children for their better involvement in academics and sports. The best sources of such food are:
- Buck Wheat
- Sweet Potatoes
5. Fruits Intake
Daily intake of fruits is also very essential for the growing age. All fruits are a very rich source of Antioxidants, Micronutrients, Fiber, essential monounsaturated fats and vitamins. All seasonal fruits can be included, such as:-
6. Addition Of Omega-3 Fatty Acid Rich Foods
The most important nutrient for growing children is Omega 3 fatty acid. It enhances the brain functions and assists in sustaining normal cardiac as well as body health. They boost the immunity and prevent the body from all the infections and diseases. Some good sources of Omega -3 fatty acid are as follows:
- Chia seeds
7. Green Leafy Vegetables Supplementation In Diet
One should consider taking green leafy vegetables in their daily diet because these vegetables prevent us from various health ailments. They are good antioxidants and a rich source of healthy micronutrients. Green leafy vegetables includes:-
- Romaine Lettuce
Eggs are the healthiest source of proteins. A growing child must include 2 eggs per day in their diet to meet the nutritional needs of the body. Eggs are also rich in calcium and other micronutrients which are essential for growth and development.
9. Dark Chocolate Can Be Added
A child can have dark chocolate as it is an amazing antioxidant, contains dietary fibers, magnesium and a rich source of calories. A 100mg dark chocolate possesses 600 calories. So it is beneficial to take dark chocolate (limited quantity) once in a day as it enhances the brain functions and nourishes the body.
Ayurvedic Lifestyle Guidelines
After knowing about the diet, let's discuss some of the Ayurvedic Lifestyle tips that will help the children to grow better and contribute best in academics and sports:-
- A child should wake up early in the morning for their better and healthier life, which means 1 Prahar (45 minutes) before sunrise i.e. in Brahma muhurta).
- After waking up, one should drink lukewarm water (minimum 2 glasses of water) and do mal utsarjan (defecation). This will maintain their proper metabolism of the body.
- Acharya mentioned about dantadhavan (Brushing teeth) twice a day. It helps in maintaining oral hygiene and prevents us from various diseases as mouth is the main route for our meals.
- Jihva nirlekhana (cleansing of tongue) maintains the healthy tongue as the tongue also plays an important part in oral health and its related problems.
- Daily use of Sauveeranjan is indicated by Acharya Charaka, as it is very beneficial for eye health and managing proper eyesight.
- Daily Nasya (Administration of medicated oil in nose) is also recommended by Acharya Charaka with Anu tailam. Indication is 2 drops per nostril.
- Regular use of Vata Nashak Oils for Abhyanga (massage). is also good. Til Oil or Mustard oil is best for this.
- Regular bathing is considered as Ayu Vardhak (Age Enhancer), Agni Deepika (Digestion Stimulator), Baldayak (Strengthening the body). It maintains the health and hygiene of the child.
- All vital vaccinations as per the health authorities should also be timely given to the child for preventing mair health issues.
- Children should be taught for Maintaining Proper Hygiene in his surroundings whether at home or in School
- Good sleep hygiene habits should be established for the Children as it will keep them in a good mental state.
- Breakfast should never be skipped as it is the most important meal of the day.
So, adopting all the above dietary and lifestyle tips will surely help Children in Living a Healthy Life. But, still in case the child lacks to have something or to follow the above diet and lifestyle regimen properly, or even needs some alternative supplements as per his body constitution or health condition, then below are some of the Best Herbal Formulations, that are being offered by Planet Ayurveda as Pure natural Dietary supplements for everyone including school growing children. By taking these, one can sustain their normal health well and contribute their best in various fields of Life.
Planet Ayurveda Dietary Supplements
Planet Ayurveda is a trusted and renowned GMP certified herbal manufacturing unit offering herbal products worldwide. These products are 100% pure, and safe to use and consume as these are prepared using standardized extract of herbs. The best Herbal dietary supplements from the house that are related to the above information are:
These all herbal formulations are very effective as they possess antioxidant, immunomodulatory, cell detoxifying and digestion stimulative properties. They enhance the body's Immunity and detoxify, ensuring holistic health. Also, these are too good for brain development as well as normal functioning of the body. Lastly, these herbal supplements meet all the nutritional needs of the body in a naturalistic manner.
We can conclude that diet and lifestyle plays a vital role in a human's life. Every person must have a healthy and nutritious diet and a healthy daily regimen. Our Ancient Acharya’s explained all these dietary and lifestyle tips thousands of years ago in their texts. “A healthy mind makes a healthy body and a healthy body makes a healthy soul”. Therefore, in the above write-up we have tried to give the best information, now it is all upon you to believe and follow the same. For further queries, you can write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.