Reference - Sahasrayoga Kashayaprakarana.
Dashamula Panchakoladi Kashayam is an ayurvedic formulation that is known to contain mixture of effective herbs. This is known to contain dashmoola - refers to ten roots, Panchakola – known to contain five herbs and some other herbs.
- Dashamoola – known to contain following ten herb roots:-
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha – Premna mucronata
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
- Panchakola – known to contain following herbs:
- Nagara – Zingiber officinalis
- Pippali – Piper longum
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Chavya – Piper chaba
- Pippalimoola – Long pepper root
- Triphala – known to contain following three herbs:
- Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula
- Amla – Emblica officinalis
- Trivrit – Operculina turpethum
- Danti – Baliospermum montanum
Method of Preparation
- Take all the herbs and put in a pot or container.
- Now add the water in the container and boil the water.
- Boil the water till it is reduced up to its one-fourth level.
- Filter after the boiling process and decoction is prepared.
12 to 24 ml, before food, two times a day, with equal amount of water.
- Over dose can cause diarrhea and gastritis problem.
- Avoid in dehydrated conditions.
- Take under medical prescription.