Dhurdhoorapathradi Coconut Oil
Reference - Sahasrayogam Taila Yoga prakarana, Arogya Kalpadruma
Dhurdhoorapathradi coconut oil is an amazing herbal oil specially aids healthy scalp and hair. It is mainly effective for dandruff, scalp itching and hair fall and its related problems. This oil balances Vata and Kapha dosha and supports healthy blood circulation therefore maintaining healthy hair.
- Durdhura bija kalka (Dhattura) (Datura metel)
- Taila (Coconut oil or sesame oil)
- Durdhura patra swaras
Description of Main Ingredients
- Durdhura bija (Datura metel) - Datura often called as ‘Thorn Apple’ is used to relieve asthmatic symptoms, reduce pain, induce sleep, promote hair and skin health. It has strong hallucinogenic properties. Datura is rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, alkaloids, organic compounds and minerals. The bioactive components in Datura include Daturine, Atropine, Hyoscine, Allantoin, Mucilage, Albumen, Vit C etc. Datura seeds when used in raw form are extremely poisonous and dangerous, before using in any formulation the seeds need to be shodhana or purifying process which removes harmful effects of seeds and promotes the therapeutic value of the part.
- Coconut Oil - It is an edible oil produced from the kernel of mature coconuts. This oil is popular for its pleasant aroma, taste, and powerful antioxidants. By consuming internally enhances strength and vitality, wound healing and reat skin woes like eczema, psoriasis. Coconut oil is valuable in pacifying vata and pitta dosha while it increases Kapha dosha.
Method of Preparation
- In this herbal oil the herbs are infused in the medium of coconut oil along with herb water decoction.
- Filtered out remaining oil in a glass bottle and named it as Dhurdhoorapathradi coconut oil.
- Only used as external application
- Not for internal administration
- Applied on scalp and do a gentle massage with given oil and stay overnight
- Next morning a head bath is taken.
- Also can be applied 30 mins before head bath
- Lukewarm water can be used for head wash.
- Regular application at least once or twice a week, help in getting the best results
- Anti-scalp pruritus
- Improves blood circulation
- Anti-hair fall
- Balances the Vata and Kapha doshas.
- Strengthening the roots of the hair and boosts the health of the scalp.
- Very effective in problems related to dandruff, itchiness, hair fall etc.
- Promotes healthy hair growth and aids in getting shiny hair.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Relaxes the mind.
- Maintains good health of the scalp.
- Reduces greying of hair naturally.
- Good for children to apply to head and body in Visarpa.
Mainly no side effects are seen.