Diaper Rash Treatment in Ayurveda- Causes, Symptoms & More
As a parent of a child it is important to carefully choose clothes and foods for them. Just like that the diapers have become a mandatory part for the babies. Mothers always have a dilemma before selecting diapers for their babies because it is not easy to find the right one. The skin of babies is really delicate and wearing it for a long time or choosing the wrong one might end up with a baby rash. It does not matter how careful you are there are chances that the little will end up with a rash. In this article we are going to throw some light on Diaper rash and how you can easily treat it with herbal medicine.
What Is Diaper Rash?
Diaper rash is one of the common skin problems and it can affect anyone, especially common among children. It is especially seen in kids who have been using diapers for a very long time and in the problem the buttocks as well as the perianal area is commonly affected.
Types Of Diaper Rash
There Are Different Types Of Diaper Rash Including:-
It is one of the common types which is caused due to the overgrowth of fungus which is seen in the digestive tract normally. In yeast the rashes formed are shiny and in bright red color as compared to others. In these cases bleeding can be easily noted and especially in the groin region.
Irritant Diaper Rash
It is one of the common types which can be caused when the skin comes in contact with stool or urine.
Allergic Diaper Rash
Some babies have really sensitive skin and can easily react to ingredients like perfumes, lotions, diapers etc.
Bacterial Diaper Rash
It is one of the rare types and it worses by the time if not not treated properly.
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Diaper Rash?
The rashes commonly appear on the skin in contact with the diaper and are usually seen in infants or children younger than 2 year old. Here are some of the common clinical features that can be seen in patient including:-
- The skin appears to be red in appearance along with itching which could last for more than a week.
- Rashes have bacterial infection which results in pus filled rash resulting in fever.
- It commonly appears on the genital area and also the folds of the skin known as satellite lesions.
- There might also be signs of diarrhea in the patient.
- Burning sensation while passing urine and also during the bowel movements.
How Is Diaper Rash Caused?
There are many causes that could lead to the appearance of diaper rashes in the patient. Here are few of them:-
- Irritability due to Urine and Stool:- Due to long exposure caused due to the urine or stool the baby can suffer irritation if they have a sensitive skin.The baby might also be prone to diaper rash if they have diarrhea or constant bowel movements which causes irritation more than urine.
- Rubbing:- Diapers that are too tight for the child or clothes that are rubbing against the skin could be leading cause for rashes.
- Irritation caused due to new products:- The skin of the baby might react to new products like baby wipes, diapers or washing the clothes with new detergent. Other products that might cause problems are using new lotions, oil or powders.
- Skin being sensitive:- Babies who suffer from atopic dermatitis might suffer from atopic dermatitis which is likely due to diaper rash.
- Including New foods:- The content of stool changes as the eating habits of babies changes in the babies especially if included solid foods. These changes in the diet can easily affect the stool by increasing the frequency that can lead to diaper rash.
How Diaper Rash Can Be Diagnosed?
It is one of the common skin diseases generally seen in children. It is a good option to visit a doctor and get a checkup. Yeast infection Diaper rash are commonly seen in infants who take antibiotics. Other than that Complete blood count can be done too if the patient is suffering from fever too.
Herbal Remedies For Diaper Rash By Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides herbal medicine that is 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian as well. Planet Ayurveda not only provides medicine in India but also other parts of the world. All the herbal medicines are made under the supervision of an MD Ayurvedic Doctor. They are all free from side-effects making it free from all kinds of side-effects. Here are the list of herbal medicine:-
- Dermo Plan Syrup
- Recumin Gel
- Jatyadi Oil
DOSAGE / USAGE
- Dermo Plan Syrup - One teaspoon twice daily with water.
- Arvindasav - One teaspoons with water after meals.
- Recumin Gel - For Local Application. Apply the Gel directly on the affected part after cleaning the area carefully.
- Jatyadi Oil - For Local Application. Apply the oil carefully on the skin twice daily.
1. Dermo Plan Syrup
It is made from the combination of herbs like Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Haridra (Curcuma longa), Shahtara (Fumaria officinalis) etc. This syrup helps in purifying the blood and removing toxins from the blood. It helps in curing all kinds of skin infections especially including diaper rash. Due to its anti-inflammatory property it is very effective in reducing all kinds of inflammation.
This herbal medicine is very effective in improving digestion as it's one of the causes for diaper rash in kids. It is made from herbs like Arvinda (Nelumbo nucifera), Kashmiri (Gmelina arborea), Jatamansi (Nardostachys jayamansi), Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus) and many more. It is one of the great herbal formulations for increasing immunity and also getting rid of diarrhea.
3. Recumin Gel
This gel is prepared from Neem (Azadirachta indica),Chameli (Jasminum officinale), Guggul (commiphora mukul) and many other herbs. This gel is packed with wound healing properties and also a cooling effect on the skin. It is very effective in all kinds of skin problems and reduces symptoms like itching, redness and also pus filled bumps.
4. Jatyadi Oil
It is one of the effective oils that has sensitive skin as it is made from herbs like; Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Patola patra (Stereospermum chelonoides) and many more. It has healing properties making it effective in blisters or rash of any type. It is very effective in providing nourishment to the skin.
Here are some of the tips that can help in reducing the risk of developing rash in kids:-
- Changing the diaper before it becomes wet or dirty.
- Rinsing off the bottom of the baby by using warm water and swiping the area gently with cotton balls. It is very important to avoid using wiping tissues that are filled with fragrance and also avoid soaps that are harsh.
- Always pat the bottom with a soft towel and also let it air before making them wear anything.
- Avoid making them wear diapers that are tight especially near the thighs or waist.
- Use natural ointments like mentioned above to prevent any kind of skin irritation.
It's the time of joy and happiness for the kids. During this time it's very disturbing for the child to have diaper rash. So, it's important to choose the right diapers for the kid in order to reduce the chances of diaper rash. But not to worry, Ayurvedic remedies as mentioned above will naturally help in removing the root cause of the disease. Make your baby happy and healthy by choosing the right products for them.