Diet Plan for Swollen Lymph Nodes
Lymph nodes are small glands present in whole body but more prominent under chin, armpits, behind ears and neck region. Main function of lymph nodes is to removes toxins and damaged cell from the body. Lymph glands can get swollen due to some infection, injury or tumor. Balanced diet is essential in this condition as it boost immunity and reduce the inflammation.
DIET CHART FOR SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES
Herbal tea / Green tea/Detox tea
Broken wheat porridge (veg / sweet Dalia) / Veg oats / Veg Semolina (veg upma) / Veg poha (Rice flakes) / Vermicelli (veg / sweet Sewia / Chapatti with veg or Dal
Fruit / Coconut water / Herbal tea / Green tea / Salad
Chapatti / Boiled Rice / Vegetable + Dal / Salad/Non – veg ( once in week)
Sprouts / Green tea / Soup (Home-made) / Herbal tea / Salad
Chapatti / Boiled Rice / Vegetable + Dal
Cereals to be consumed
Wheat, White rice, Brown rice, Sorghum, Amaranth, Finger millet, Foxtail millet, Pearl millet, Buckwheat, Little millet
Flour Ratio- Wheat Atta (50%) + Soybean Atta (20%) + Ragi flour (30%)
Cereals to be avoided
Refined flour and its product
Fruits to be consumed
Apple, Banana, Water melon, Muskmelon, Avocado, Peaches, Pear, Coconut, Pomegranate, All types of berries , Figs, Mango, Litchi, Custard apple, Sapodilla, Pineapple, Grapes
Fruits to be avoided
Orange, Lemons, Limes, Berries (sour)
Vegetables to be consumed
Lettuce, Broccoli, Carrots, Sweet potatoes, Turnip, Chicory greens, Spinach, Kale, Beans, Lentils, Cabbage, Brussels sprouts, Beets, Cucumbers, Bell peppers, Peas, Potatoes.
Vegetables to be avoided
Tomatoes, Brinjal, Garlic, Onion, Ginger.
Pulses to be consumed
All pulses can be consumed
Pulses to be avoided
Dairy Products to be consumed
Cow ghee, Tofu, Soymilk, Turmeric milk (Ocassionaly)
Dairy Products to be avoided
Milk, Butter, Curd, Buttermilk, Cheese
Spices to be consumed
Turmeric, Oregano, Coriander, Celery seeds, Cumin, Green cardamom, Fennel, Fenugreek, Cinnamon, Mustard, Pimento, Nutmeg, Clove, Black cardamom, Carom seeds
Spices to be avoided
Flesh Foods to be consumed
Lean meat, Fish (Salmon, Mackerel, Tuna, Sardines, Anchovies, Herring)
Flesh Foods to be avoided
Red meat, Processed and Fried meat
SEEDS AND DRY FRUITS
Dry Fruits to be consumed
Almond, Raisins, Ground Nuts, Walnut, Peanuts, Pistachio, Cashew, Pumpkin Seeds, Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Sesame Seeds.
Dry Fruits to be avoided
Oils to be consumed
Olive oil, Soybean oil, Canola oil, Rice bran oil, Almond oil, Cow ghee
Oils to be avoided
Other Foods to be consumed
Other Foods to be avoided
Refined sugar, Fast food, Alcohol, Tobacco, Tea, Coffee
LIFESTYLE AND DIETARY TIPS
- Do not consume alcohol and quit smoking.
- Eat diet which boosts immunity.
- Get proper sleep.
- Maintain ideal body weight.
- Do exercise and increase physical activity.
HOME REMEDIES FOR SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES
- Coconut oil - Massage oil over affected areas. It is very helpful to reduce the swelling present in the armpits. Add extra virgin coconut oil in daily diet.
- Castor oil - Apply castor oil on affected area and massage it 1- 2 times in a day. Do not use castor oil for cooking as it disturb normal functioning of digestive system.
- Turmeric - Make a paste by using honey and turmeric and apply it on affected areas. Wash this paste after 10 minutes.
- Herbal tea - Consume a cup of herbal tea made up from fennel, cumin and coriander seeds.