Draksha means raisins and Drakshadi Churna is a powdered herbal formulation which consists of 23 other herbs along with raisins. This formulation is useful in treating generalized weakness and digestive ailments. It also treats respiratory ailments.
- Raisins (Dried grapes)
- Laja (Puffed rice)
- Sitopala (Nelumo nucifera)
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Date Palm (Phoenix dactylifera)
- Indian sarsaparilla (Hemidesmus indicus)
- Indian thorny bamboo (Bambusa bambos)
- Fragrant swamp mallow (Pavonia odorata)
- Indian gooseberry (Emblica officinalis)
- Musta/Nut grass (Cyperus rotundus)
- Sandalwood (Santalum album)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Khas khas grass (Vetiveria zizaniodis)
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum)
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- Patra (Cinnamomum tamala)
- Nagkesar (Mesua ferrea)
- Vidanga/False black pepper (Embelia ribes)
- Puncture vine (Tribulus terrestris)
- Coriander (Coriandrum sativum)
- Dried ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
- Perfume ginger (Hedychium spicatum)
- Camphor (Cinnamomum camphora)
- Talis (Abies webbiana)
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Clean and grind all the ingredients separately and combine them to form a homogenous powder and store it in an airtight container away from heat and light.
3 to 6 grams with lukewarm water twice a day after meals. It can also be taken with honey.
- Dry cough
- Burning urination
- Hyperhidrosis (Excessive sweating)
- Other ailments due to aggravated pitta
- Over dosage might cause loose stools but they can be managed by consuming a glass or two of buttermilk with meals.
- Patients suffering from diabetes and hypertension should use it with caution.
- It should be taken under strict medical supervision.