Drakshadi Kashayam (Kwatham)
Reference - Ashtanga Hridaya Chikitsa Sthana 1
Drakshadi Kashayam (Kwatham) is an ayurvedic formulation that is known to contain mixture of very effective herbs. One of the main ingredients of this formulation is Draksha, which is famous with the name of dry grapes.
- Draksha – Vitis vinifera
- Lodhra – Symplocos racemosa
- Kashmari – Gmelina arborea
- Madhuka – Madhuca longifolia
- Yashtimadhu – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Amla – Emblica officinalis
- Hribera – Coleus zeylanicus
- Padmakesara – Nelumbium speciosum
- Padmaka – Prunus cerasoides
- Mrinala – Nelumbium speciosum
- Usheera – Vetiveria zizanioides
- Parushaka – Phoenix famifera
- Chandana – Santalum album
- Jatipushpa – Jasminum sambac
Method of Preparation
- Take all the herbs in equal quantity in a pot.
- Add water to that pot and boil the water.
- Do the boiling process till the water level is reduced to its one-fourth level.
- Filter the water mixture after the boiling process.
- Now the decoction is ready for use.
- 12 to 24 ml, two times a day, before meals, with equal amount of water.
- If you want you can add little honey in it.
- Excessive thirst
- Internal bleeding problem
- Nasal bleeding
- Alcohol Hangover
- No particular side effects.
- Use the medicine under doctor's prescription.