Fibromyalgia derives from Latin word, fibro means "fibrous tissue", Greek word Myo means "muscles" and algos an Greek word means "pain" thus the term literally meaning is "muscle and connective tissue pain".
Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized with musculoskeletal pain accompanied by the sleep, fatigue, memory and mood issues. Women are more sufferer of fibromyalgia than men. There is no cure for this disorder, but can be controlled by medications.
Researchers believe that in fibromyalgia, there is a severe painful sensation by affecting the way by which brain processes pain signals. The repeated nerve stimulation causes the brain of people with fibromyalgia to change. This involves an abnormal increase in levels of certain chemicals in the brain that signal pain.
According to Ayurveda, fibromyalgia is a Mamsa dhatugat (muscular tissue based) and mamsavrut Vata (muscular issues affected by the vata dosha). The body consist of three humors (Vata, Pitta and kapha). This disorder is caused by the aggravation of the vata dosha in the body. Aggravated Vata destabilize the nervous system and can create the hypersensitivity, hence leading to pain and tenderness. There is also the accumulation of the Ama (toxins) which blocks the body channels which can also be another cause of fibromyalgia.
What can be the symptoms of the Fibromyalgia?
- Fibromyalgia is characterized sized by a constant dull ache that has lasted for at least three months. In this pain is considered to be widespread. The pain occurs on both sides of the body, above and below the waist.
- People with fibromyalgia often awakened tired, they are not able to sleep properly due to pain.
- A symptom commonly referred to as "fibro fog" impairs the ability to focus, pay attention and concentrate on mental tasks.
- People may experience headache, depression and pain in the lower abdomen along with Fibromyalgia.
What can be the causes of Fibromyalgia to happen?
- Physical or emotional trauma
What can be the risk factor of the fibromyalgia?
- Family history
- Rheumatic disease
What can be the complications of the Fibromyalgia?
- Health related anxiety
How to diagnose the disease Fibromyalgia?
Diagnose can be made if a person has a widespread pain more than three months. Blood tests which are helpful in diagnosis are as follows:
- CBC (Complete blood count)
- ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate)
- TSH (Thyroid functioning test)
Herbal Remedies for Fibromyalgia by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Fibromyalgia Care Pack for natural treatment of fibromyalgia. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Stress Support - 1 capsule twice daily.
- Aamvatantak Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily.
- Boswellia Curcumin - 2 capsules twice daily.
- Joint Aid Plus - 2 capsules twice daily.
1. Stress support
This herbal preparation is a blend of herbs Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Tagar (Valeriana wallichi) and Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri).
It is a powerful combination to relieve stress without any side effects. It has an Adaptogenic property. It is not only help to relax the tense nerves only but also relaxes the stiff muscles. It helps in anger, anxiety, forgetfulness, lack of concentration and stiff neck. It is the best natural remedy for depression and insomnia. It also relieves feeling of fatigue and tensed muscles due to stress especially. It prevents the oxidative damage to the organs; scavenge free radicals from the body. It is also a natural mood elevator.
2. Aamvatantak Churna
This is best herbal remedy for the pain, according to ayurveda the pain is caused by the disturbance in the vata humor in the body. This formulation helps to balance the vata dosha in the body.
Aam-vaat antak churna consists of Ashwagandha (Withanis somifera), Haridra (Curcuma longa), Methi (Trigonella foenum graecum), Suranjan (Colchicum autumnale), Gorakhmundi (Sphaeranthus indicus) and Sonth (Zingiber officanle).
It is very effective in reducing pain and swelling. This formulation helps to remove the toxins from the body that is Ama (toxins). It also helps to reduce the inflammation, swelling and joint pains. It has best anti-inflammatory and detoxifying property. It also helps to reduce the stress. These herbs act together in a synergistic manner. It is an effective alternative remedy for the rheumatoid arthritis and joint pains. This herbal preparation is very beneficial when the joints are stiff in the morning and there is severe joint pain.
3. Boswesllia curcumin
It is the most effective combination of anti-inflammatory herbs shallaki (Boswillia serrata) and curcumin (Curcuma longa).
It is a very potent anti-inflammatory herbal combination. It increases mobility and reduce the stiffness, swelling and pain. It helps to decrease the inflammation and improves joint health problems. It is not only providing analgesic effect, but it also provides an anti-inflammatory property. It increases the mobility and reduces arthritic pain. It decreases the swelling and promotes the proper circulation of the blood to the joints.
4. Joint Aid Plus
This herbal preparation consists of Nirgundi (Vitex nigundo), Shallaki (Boeswilla serrata), Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Sonth (Zingiber officinalis) and Ashwaganda (Withania somnifera).
Joint Aid Plus is a wonderful combination of the various herbs, which are very effective in fibromyalgia. These herbs help to reduce the pain and swelling. This standardized extracts in this formulation help the joints to regain the lost strength and help to treat the all kind of arthritis. The degeneration in joints is also steadily controlled by the herbs in this formula. These herbal products work quickly and excellent alternative to pain killers without any side effects.
Where to buy Fibromyalgia Care Pack?
To buy Fibromyalgia Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/fibromyalgia-care-pack.html.
- One should avoid over exertion and stress level.
- One should try stress management techniques like meditation or deep breathing exercise.
- One should make routine of going to bed or getting up the same time each day and try to avoid short nap in the during day time.
- One should do exercise daily like walking, aerobics, swimming or biking.
- One should have healthy and balanced diet.
- One should avoid additives like monosodium glutamate (MSG) and aspartame
- One should avoid tea or coffee.
- One should take food high in vitamin D such as fish, mushrooms, and cheese and egg yolks and sit in the sunlight to get natural vitamin D.