Garbh Vinod Ras
Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Garbhinirogadhikar 1060/87-88
Garbh vinod ras, a patent classical formulation during pregnancy. It is a herbo-mineral composition. It has been used since centuries.
- Trikatu churna (Powder of Trikatu) - 105 gm
- Shuddha Hingula (Red sulphide of mercury) - 46 gm
- Javitri Churna (Powder of Myristica dactyloides) - 35 gm
- Laung Churna (Powder of Syzygium aromaticum) - 35 gm
- Swarna Makshika Bhasma (Calx Copper iron sulphide) - 23 gm
Description of Ingredients
- Trikatu Churna - This is a combination of three best herbs which are Pippali (Piper longum), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) and Maricha (Piper nigrum). These herbs are effective against digestive problems and also aid good effects during pregnancy. Shunthi is a good appetizer.
- Shuddha Hingula - Purified form of red sulphide of mercury is used during pregnancy. It helps in proper growth of the child and also provides nourishment to the mother. It improves digestion by stimulating digestive power.
- Javitri Churna - Javitri helps in digestion and also stimulates the appetite. It is also helpful in clearing the digestive tract infections. It can relieve intestinal gases and flatulence and reduces the vomiting and nausea reflux.
- Laung Churna - This is also known as Clove. It contains antioxidants which are helpful in overall health. It improves the liver function and provides nutrition to the body especially during pregnancy. It aids in digestion and helps in blood circulation.
- Swarna Makshika Bhasma - It is an Ayurvedic medicine which is prepared from an ore of iron and copper pyrite. It is used in the treatment of diabetes, piles, and skin diseases. Copper helps in the absorption of iron in the body and iron is helpful in the formation of hemoglobin which is used during pregnancy.
Method of Preparation
- First of all properly mixes the shuddha hingula in khartal yantra.
- Then add swarna makshika bhasma and again mixes this mixture properly.
- Then add rest of the ingredients in this mixture and give jala (Water) bhavan for 3 hours.
- Make 250 mg tablets and let them dry under.
- Keep this formulation in a glass container.
Garbh Vinod ras is a classical formulation. This formulation is indicated during gestation period means during pregnancy. The ingredients in this formulation are very effective in improving digestion and also maintain the proper circulation of the blood. Garbh Vinod ras provides nourishment to the mother and child.
- Indicate during pregnancy.
1 tablet with honey.
Taken under medical supervision.