Reference - Bhaishajya-Ratnavali Garbhinirogadhikar 1060/94-96
Garbhpal Ras is a classical formulation and is used in a variety of obstetric diseases. It is a herbo-mineral composition.
- Shuddha Hingula (Red sulphide of Mercury) - 12 gm
- Nag Bhasma (Lead calx) - 12 gm
- Vanga Bhasma (Tin calx) - 12 gm
- Elaichi Churna (Powder of Elettaria cardamomum) - 12 gm
- Dalchini Churna (Powder of Cinnamomum verum) - 12 gm
- Tejpatra Churna (Powder of Cinnamomum tamala) - 12 gm
- Shunthi Churna (Powder of Zingiber officinale) - 12 gm
- Pippali Churna (Powder of Piper longum) - 12 gm
- Maricha Churna (Powder of Piper nigrum) - 12 gm
- Dhaniya Churna (Powder of Coriandrum sativum) - 12 gm
- Shahjeera Churna (Powder of Bunium persicum) - 12 gm
- Chavya Churna (Powder of Piper chaba) - 12 gm
- Draksha kalka (Paste of Vitis vinifera) - 12 gm
- Devdaru Churna (Powder of Cedrus deodara) - 12 gm
- Loha Bhasma (Iron calx) - 6 gm
Description of Ingredients
- Shuddha Hingula - This is a pure form of Red sulphide of Mercury. It is used as a Rasayan (Rejuvenating). It is used as a single remedy or as an ingredient with other herbo-mineral composition. It is used in the treatment of eye disorders, female health etc.
- Nag Bhasma - This is an Ayurvedic medicine which is prepared from Lead. It is used in diabetes, skin diseases, and Respiratory problems and also indicated during pregnancy.
- Vanga Bhasma - This Bhasma is prepared from Tin metal after the purification process. It is light to digest and coolant in nature. It is also indicated in obstetric problema.
- Elaichi Churna - It has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is helpful in managing Vomiting and nausea. It is also helpful in managing indigestion.
- Dalchini Churna - It is helpful in improving digestion. Dalchini is effective against indigestion, stomach pain, increased salivation etc. It also acts as a local antiseptic.
- Tejpatra Churna - Tejpatra is very beneficial in digestive problems. It is indicated in Piles, nausea, Anorexia, skin diseases etc.
- Trikatu - This is a combination of three wonderful herbs which is Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Pippali (Piper longum), Maricha (Piper nigrum). These three herbs are very effective against digestive problems as they improve the digestion power and also help in abdominal pain.
- Dhaniya Churna - It is very important in our daily life. It maintains our digestive system. it also regulates blood pressure. It is beneficial during pregnancy.
Method of Preparation
- Take all the above mentioned ingredients in a big kharal yantra.
- Give 7 bhavna with Aprajita swaras (Extracts of Clitoria ternatea)for 7 days.
- Make 125 mg tablet and let them dry under the shadow.
- Keep this formulation in a glass container.
Garbhpal Ras is an Ayurvedic formulation used for centuries. This formulation is indicated during pregnancy and helpful in growing a fetus without any abnormality. This Ayurvedic formulation can give from 1 month to 9 months to the pregnant lady for the proper growth of the fetus. The ingredients are also helpful in improving digestion and managing nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
- It is indicated during pregnancy for better growth of the child
1 tablet twice with draksha kwath (Decoction of Vitis vinifera).
It should be strictly taken under the medical supervision.