About Hemorrhoids (Piles)
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in or around the anus or rectum. They become disease when swollen and inflamed. Sometimes they swell so that the vein wall become stretched thin and irritated by passing bowel movement One get piles at any age but aged between 45 to 65.
What are Types of Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids generally categorized two types, bleeding and dry piles. In bleeding piles when there is so much blood loss, patient can suffer from anemia. Wind formation in the stomach, loss of appetite, itching in the anus region often associated with disease.
Further, Piles can be classified as:
1. Internal Hemorrhoids are further classified on the bases of degrees:
a) Primary Degree: May bleed but don't come out of anus.
b) Secondary Degree: Come out anus when have bowel movement but go inside own afterwards.
c) Third Degree: Comes out but only go back when push inside.
d) Fourth Degree: Always Partly outside and can't push them back and they become very painful or swollen if they bleed inside.
2. External Hemorrhoids are swellings that develop down and anal closer to anus. It's a painful especially have clot.
What is Ayurvedic Approach?
According to Ayurveda Hemorrhoids are known as Aarsha. Due to improper eating habits and lifestyle, tri-energies mainly vata, pitta, kapha get disturbed and cause vitiation of vata, Pitta doshas. Vitiated Pitta dosha cause accumulation of Ama or toxic matter in digestion tract and vata causes obstruction of channels. All this leads to a mass hanging down from the anus.
What are Causes for Hemorrhoids to Happen?
- Irregular bowel habits (Constipation or diarrhea)
- Low Fat diet
- Emotional Stress
- Pregnancy (Due to hormonal disorders)
What are Signs and Symptoms for Hemorrhoids?
Symptoms can vary. Sometimes there may not be any symptom and person may not realize that they have Hemorrhoids.
- The most common symptom is bleeding while go to toilet to pass stool. Hemorrhoids can hang out and can be felt outside. Often it has to be pushed back after you have been to toilet. In severe cases it cannot be pushed back and remain outside only.
- Painless, bright red rectal bleeding during or following bowel movement.
- Blood typically covers the stool.
- Mucous Discharge
- Perianal mass if they prolapse through the anus itchiness or fecal incontinence.
- Possible complication of Hemorrhoid that hang down is that they can strangulation. This can be painful. Another Complication is blood clot which can form within the hemorrhoid again it cause the intense pain.
What are Possible Complications of Hemorrhoids?
The most common complication of it is strangulation (the blood supply cut down). This can be intense painful.
Another possible complication is blood clot formed in Hemorrhoids. The Pain usually up peaks up 48-72 hour.
Herbal Remedies for Hemorrhoids (Piles)
Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Piles Care Pack for natural treatment of hemorrhoids (piles). These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
Dosage / Usage
- Sanjivani Vati - 2 tablets three times daily with warm water after meal.
- Vara Churna - 1 teaspoonful twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Pile OFF Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with warm water after meal.
- Kanchnaar Guggul - 2 tablets three times daily with warm water after meal.
- Drift Ointment - Local application on the affected area.
- Nirgundi oil - Local application on the affected area.
1. Sanjivani Vati
Endotoxins or Ama are by products of metabolism fats, carbohydrate and protein. They cause blockage in energy channels and cause many disease for eg. Coronary disease, Piles and many more. Sanjivani Vati has many properties like, anti-bacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory. It helps to burn the accumulated metabolites. Its ingredients are Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Ginger root (Zinger officanle), Pippali (Piper longum), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Vacha (Acroros Calnus), Gudduchi herb (Tinospora Cordifolia), Suddha Bhalataka (Semacarpus anacardium) & Suddha Vatsnabh (Ascnitum ferox).
2. Vara Churna
Vara churna is a great herbal combination of herbs amlaki, haritaki and babhitaki, known as Triphala. This is an effective herbal powder to keep bowels toxins free. Vara churna helps to keep intestines healthy and takes out fecal matter properly out. This gives very good results when taken with Luke warm water. As constipation is the root casue for all the problems including piles as per Ayurveda, we can say Vara churna is very useful up to a great extent to get rid of Hemorrhoids.
3. Piles off Capsules
This herbal remedy can be used for bleeding and non-bleeding piles. It is blend of herbs like Haridra, Trikatu etc. which are known to reduce inflammation and due to deep penetrations, extra mass can be shrink. Herb like elaichi maintain healthy digestion and prevent you from various digestive health issues. As indigestion and constipation is the root cause for piles to take place, this herbal formulation is best advised in Hemorrhoids.
4. Kanchnaar Guggul
This herbal remedy comes in tablet form. It shrinks the mass of pile and also help to control any extra growth around. Ingredients are kachnar bark (Bauhinia variegata), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), Ginger (Zingerber officanlis), Black Pepper (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Varun (Cratarna religiosa). It helps to shrink the piles and reduce the pain.
FREE : Nirgundi oil and Drift Ointment (For external Use only. Use twice or as advised.)
To buy Piles Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/piles-care-pack
What are Home Remedies and Tips for Hemorrhoids?
- Avoid Constipation: Fiber rich diet is recommended for avoid constipation. Fruits Pears, Peach, Papaya, melons, apple all are good for good bowels movements.
- Spicy food should be avoided. Tea, Coffee should be avoided.
- Aloe Vera Juice is recommended. Two times a day early morning empty stomach and in the evening before one hour of dinner.
- Radish Juice: Radish juice recommended two times a day once in a morning and evening.
- Olive oil is also an ingredient that helps in curing Hemorrhoids. It has anti -inflammatory Property that soothes the area and reduce discomfort. Consuming Olive oil in food also on regular basis will improve the bowel habit.
- Take ½ spoon roasted black cumin seeds (jeera) with glass of water once a day.
- Wash 3-4 figs. Soak them for overnight. Eat them first thing in the morning and again in the night.
- Drink a glass of buttermilk with ¼ carom powder with pinch of black salt.