Ayurvedic Treatment of Henoch-Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
About Henoch-Schonlein Purpura (HSP)
Henoch-Schonlein Purpura (HSP) is a disorder that causes inflammation as well as bleeding in the blood vessels of the skin, intestines, kidneys and joints. It can also cause abdominal pain and aching joints.
This disease can affect anyone but it is more commonly seen in children between the age group of 2-6. This condition can also affect kidneys.
HSP is a problem of immune system which commonly occurs after the previous infection. It is the most common problem of spring season and follows an infection of respiratory tract.
The immune system is activated to produce an antibody which mainly targets the blood vessels and thereby causes inflammation of the blood vessels commonly known as Vasculitis. Other causes are: food, drugs or insects.
Symptoms of Henoch-Schonlein Purpura (HSP)
- Reddish-purple coloured spots which look like bruises is the most common distinguishable symptom of HSP. The rashes develop mainly on buttocks, arms, face, legs and feet.
- Pain and swelling around the joints mainly in the knees and ankles but these symptoms subside when the disease is cured and there is no damage.
- Many children suffering from HSP develop gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, abdominal pain, bloody stools etc.
- It also affects the kidneys. There is blood or protein in the urine but this goes away once the illness passes but in certain cases, kidney diseases may develop and even persist.
Causes of Henoch-Schonlein Purpura (HSP)
In HSP, some of the body's small blood vessels get inflamed which causes bleeding in the skin, kidneys and abdomen. According to modern medicine, the cause of inflammation is not clear. According to Ayurveda, Henoch-Schonlein Purpura (HSP) is caused by the vitiation of Pitta dosha in the body which results in the vitiation of rakta dhatu as well as mamsa dhatu.
The treatment by Planet Ayurveda aims at pacifying the aggravated dosha by reversing the pathology of the disease.
Diagnosis of Henoch-Schonlein Purpura (HSP)
It is generally diagnosed by classic rash, joint pain and gastrointestinal symptoms. No single test can confirm the diagnosis of HSP.
Treatment of Henoch-Schonlein Purpura (HSP)
Modern treatment provides medicines such as corticosteroids but their role in treating or preventing the complications of HSP is controversial. They are most commonly used to treat severe gastrointestinal symptoms. These drugs have serious side effects and their usefulness is also not clear.
Ayurvedic herbal remedies by Planet Ayurveda have a specific action on the blood as well as on the blood vessels in order to reverse the pathology easily.
Herbal Remedies for Henoch-Schonlein Purpura (HSP) by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as HSP Care Pack for ayurvedic treatment of henoch-schönlein purpura (HSP). These herbal remedies have a soothing as well as anti-inflammatory action not only on the blood vessels but on the other inflamed tissues within the body. These remedies are given to flush the inflammatory debris and toxins from the blood and expel these through gastro-intestinal tract and urinary system.
- Pitta Balance - 1 capsule twice daily with warm water.
- Gotu Kola Capsules - 1 capsule twice daily with warm water.
- Arjuna Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with warm water.
- Arborium Plus Syrup - 2 teaspoonful thrice daily with warm water.
- Gandhak Rasayan - 1 tablet twice daily with warm water.
- Coolstrin-B Capsules - 2 capsules twice daily with warm water.
1. Pitta Balance
Pitta Balance of Planet Ayurveda comprise of cooling and natural calcium compounds to restore Pitta imbalance quickly and naturally. These capsules provide quick relief to the patients suffering from HSP disease.
2. Gotukola Capsules
Gotukola is an herb used for various therapeutic benefits since ages. It improves strength, skin quality, digestive power, bleeding disorders, good for skin, lack of interest in food, depression, anxiety and various other disorders. Thus, gotukola capsules are very beneficial for the patients suffering from HSP disease.
3. Arjuna Capsules
Arjuna is considered among the astringent tasting group of herbs. According to Charaka, the herb is categorised under the group of herbs that are useful in allergic conditions of the skin and ring worm infestation. It is useful in bleeding disorders and balances Pitta and Kapha doshas, therefore useful in relieving ulcers and wounds and provide strength to the blood vessels as well as heart due to its anti-oxidant properties.
4. Arborium Syrup
Arborium Syrup is an herbal formulation made from the unique combination of Arborium flower juice (Rhododendron) and Seabuckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoids) fruit juice. This syrup is useful in improving blood circulation by giving strength to the blood vessels. Thus, it is quite useful for the patients of HSP disease.
5. Gandhak Rasayan
It is one of the most common Ayurvedic medicines used in the treatment of skin diseases, itching, urinary tract disorders etc. It balances all the 3 doshas in the body. It is indicated in various skin diseases, leprosy, boils, acne, blood impurities, urticaria and many other disorders.
6. Coolstrin-B Capsules
Planet Ayurveda provides Coolstrin-B herbs that consist of various cooling herbs to restore Pitta balance quickly and naturally. The unique blend of herbs provide relief from all kinds of digestive disorders as well.
To buy HSP Care Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/products/hsp-care-pack
It is a pitta disease therefore avoid foods that aggravates Pitta dosha in the body.
- Avoid all milk and milk products and consume more green vegetables, green leaves and juices.
- Avoid citrus juices
- One should avoid foods rich in potassium, phosphates.
- Drink lots of water.
- Avoid smoking completely
- Keep protection from sun
- Include raw foods, garlic, potatoes, parsley, asparagus, cucumbers, pumpkin, sprouts, legumes, seeds and fruits like papaya, watermelon and bananas.