Reference: Ashtanga Hridayam Chikitsa Sthana 1/61
Vyaghryadi Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine, used for treatment of respiratory conditions like cough, cold and bronchitis. It is herbal decoction. It balances Vata and Kapha.
- Vyaghri – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Amruta – Tinospora cordifolia
- Pippali - Piper longum
Method of Preparation
All herbs are taken in equal parts, added with 8 or 16 parts of water, boiled and reduced to 1/8th part then filtered.
- Take 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is advised to mix the kashayam (decoction) with equal quantity of water.
- Running nose
- Chronic respiratory conditions
- There are no known side effects of using this medicine.
- For the diabetic people this medicine should be taken under medical supervision.