Reference: Ashtanga Hridaya Sutrasthana 15/9–10
Vidaryadi Kashayam is a very famous classical Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. This Ayurvedic medicine is very effective to treat the respiratory problems. It also acts as the cardiac tonic. It balances the Vata and Pitta doshas in body.
- Vidari – Pueraria tuberosa
- Erand – Ricinus communis
- Vrishchikali – Gymnema sylvestre
- Punarnava – Boerhaavia diffusa
- Devahva – Cedrus deodara
- Mashaparni – Teramnus labialis Spreng
- Mudgaparni – Phaseolus trilobus
- Kandukari – Mucuna pruriens
- Abheeru – Crotalaria verrucosa
- Veera – Roscoea purpurea Royle
- Jeevaka – Malaxis acuminata
- Rishabhaka – Manilkara hexandra
- Dubard - Mimusoops hexandra Roxb.
- Brihati – Solanum indicum Linn.
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Shweta Sariva – Cordia wallichii / dichotoma / myxa Linn. / latifolia Roxb.
- Tripadi – Hamsaraja – Adiantum philippense
Method of Preparation
All the above mentioned ingredients are added with 8 parts of water. It is boiled until reduced to quarter part to make the Vidaryadi kwatha.
- Take 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 – 7am and 6 – 7 pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually advised to add equal amount of water to the kashayam (decoction).
- Inflammatory conditions
- Cardiac tonic
- Very helpful to avoid the complications and speedy recovery after delivery
There are no known side effects with this medicine. However it is advised to take this medicine.