Herbal Remedies for Healthy Wound Healing without any Scar Marks
Wound Healing Pack - 2 by Planet Ayurveda is a pack made to manage the healthy wound healing process without any scar mark left behind after the wound healing. It also helps in ulcer healing very effectively. This pack even heals pathological ulcers like diabetic foot, gangrene, and infected ulcers. Now let me introduce you to the wound healing process. Wound healing (healing the skin) is the process of replacement of destroyed tissue with that of living tissue. This process begins just after injury and any disruption in the process leads to abnormal wound healing and results in scar marks. In this study we are going to study all about wound healing, its types, stages, complications and how we get over healthy wound healing with herbal remedies without any scar marks.
Types Of Wounds
On The Basis Of Contact With External Environment
Wounds can be classified into two types: closed and open wounds.
- Closed wound - In these types of wounds skin surface remains intact but the primary tissues may be damaged for eg. There is the formation of stage 1 pressure ulcers, contusions (bruise) and hematomas (blood collection outside the blood vessels).
- Open wounds - In these types of wounds skin is damaged and the primary or underlying tissue is exposed outside in contact with the environment.
On The Basis Of Type Of Injury
- Incised wounds - These wounds are caused by a sharp knife or blade. These are clean wounds and after proper investigation they are closed by simple primary sutures within the 6 hours of investigation.
- Lacerated wounds - This type of wounds occurs commonly after road accidents that have usually rough edges. The wound debridement (removal of dead tissue) is to be done within 6 hours of injury.
- Penetrating wounds - Almost mimic incised wounds; the difference is just depth is more. Wound is investigated layer by layer and stitched within 6 hours of injury.
- Crushed wounds - Wound occur by excessive crush injury like in road accidents, war injuries or industrial accidents.
On The Basis Of Thickness
- Superficial wounds - Involves loss of epidermis.
- Partial thickness wounds - Involves epidermis and dermis
- Full thickness wound - Involves dermis, subcutaneous fat and may be bone.
- Deep wounds - Extend deep into fascia and muscles
- Complicated wounds - Involves all layers along with vessels and nerves.
Types Of Ulcers
Ulcers can be classified into two types:
- Clinical ulcers - In this type we classified how the ulcers looks like. On these basis ulcers are of three types: spreading ulcers- edematous with inflamed edges, healing ulcers- with healthy red tissue, sloping edges and serous discharge, callous ulcers- ulcers with indurate (hardened) edges and unhealthy growing tissue.
- Pathological ulcers - In this classification ulcers are classified on the basis of pathology (on the basis of disease). Nonspecific ulcers, specific ulcers and malignant ulcers come under pathological ulcers.
Some Pathological Ulcers
- Diabetic foot - Diabetic foot occurs due to untreated diabetes- a major health concern in which blood glucose (sugar) levels are too high. In diabetic foot high blood glucose (sugar) levels damages the blood vessels and nerves in the feet due to which blood supply hampers which is known as neuropathy. In which numbness, pain, tingling and loss of sensation occurs in the feet. If not treated moves towards further stage and if a minute cut occurs patient loss sensation of pain, due to hampered blood supply that wound not get healed and cause an infected wound which is known as diabetic foot.
- Gangrene - Due to hampered blood supply tissue damage occurs in body and later on bacteria invade into it causing serious infection. This condition is known as gangrene. It may affect arms and legs along with toes and fingers. In later on stages this may lead to body organ damage also. You are on a high risk of developing gangrene if your underlying disease affects blood supply or hardened capillaries.
- Infective ulcers - These ulcers occur due to any infection like- bacterial, fungal or even protozoa infection. This includes discoloration of skin, scabbing, itching, pain and tenderness, pus filled discharge from ulcer, foul odor from ulcer.
- Tropical ulcer - In these types of ulcers initially an injury occurs to the skin. Persons who do not wear proper clothing and footwear and with poor nutrition, chronic diseases, poor hygiene are at risk of developing ulcers, these ulcers are known as tropical ulcers occurs as result of infection by bacteria such as – Escherichia coli, enterococcus, bacillus fusiformis.
Types Of Wound Healing
- Primary wound healing - This type of healing occurs in clean, incised or surgical wounds. Wound edges will be closed with the help of sutures only. In this case the wound heals rapidly and with complete closure. The scar formation is linear, elastic and smooth.
- Secondary wound healing - This type of healing occurs in immense soft tissue loss in case of huge trauma, wounds and burns along with sepsis. In this case the wound heals slowly and with a wide scar. This wound healing may lead to hypertrophic scar (thick raised scar).
- Tertiary wound healing or primary delayed wound healing - This wound healing occurs after the proper wound debridement along with the control of local infection. In this type of wound healing the wound is closed by the help of sutures and skin grafts (a piece of skin is transplanted on the affected site).
Stages Of Wound Healing
- Stage of inflammation - This stage begins immediately after injury occurs and lasts for 4-6 days. The primary mediator of inflammatory response is histamine. The characteristic features of inflammation include- rubor (redness), callor (heat), tumor (swelling), dolor (pain), and loss of sensation.
- Stage of wound contraction - This stage begins after 3-4 days of injury. And the period between the stage of inflammation and the stage of wound contraction is known as the lag period. Then after the lag period, rapid contraction starts and is completed by the 14th day. In this stage the wound was reduced to 80% of the original size. The size of contraction depends on the availability of the size of the surrounding skin that has to be stretched over the wound. Facts that lead to wound contraction are: removal of fluid, contraction of granulation tissue and contraction of collagen.
- Stage of epithelialization - On the first day the epidermis adjacent to the edge of the wound starts to thicken. Marginal basal cells start losing firm attachment from the underlying dermis and begin to migrate into the wound. After that mitotic division occurs. Within 48 hours the entire wound surface becomes re-epithelialized.
- Stage of granulation tissue formation - There is hematoma formation within the wound. In this stage that hematoma is replaced by granulation tissue that includes new capillaries and fibroblasts. This process includes two stages: stage of vascularization and stage of devascularization. In stage of vascularization stage, inside growth of fibroblasts and capillaries helps the granulation tissue to survive. In the stage of devascularization, some of the vessels undergo the process of atrophy and the granulation tissue looks pale in color. After both these processes hyalinization occurs and the formation of scar tissue occurs, this process is called cicatrization.
- Stage of scar remodeling - This stage is the last step of wound healing. In this stage scar occurs and its physical properties depend upon collagen fiber. Scar maturation takes a long period of time.
So these are the stages of wound healing. It is long process but don't worry we are providing you with a wound healing herbal remedies that will help to heal your wound within less time intervals. Before studying the herbal remedies for healthy wound healing let's discuss the ayurvedic view of wound healing.
Ayurvedic View Of Wound Healing
As per ayurveda wound is known as vrana. According to acharya sushruta (su. Chi. 1/6) tissue damage in the body is known as vrana. As per su. Su. 21/40- after the wound healing there is a scar mark formed and that scar mark is known as vrana.
Types Of Vrana
As per acharyas sushruta (su. Chi. 1/3) vrana is of two types that is nijja (shariraka) and agantuja vrana.
- Shariraka vrana (su. Chi. 1/3) - The vrana that occurs due to aggravation or vitiation of tridosha (three energies of the body) and rakta (blood components) is known as shariraka vrana (wound formed by vitiation of body components).
- Agantuja vrana (su. Chi. 1/3) - Agantuja vrana is the vrana formed by the trauma to body by human, bird, animal, predatory creatures and reptiles, by falling, by pressing, getting hurt, by fire, by alkali, getting hurt by piece of wood or stone, by horn and with any sharp or blunt instrument is known as agantuja vrana.
Other Types Of Vrana On The Basis Of Healing
- Shudhh vrana - Also known as clean wound. The vrana in which there is no aggravation of tridosha, edges are of blackish color, in which there is a presence of small blisters or granulation tissues, the wound is even, devoid of any pain and discharge, this type of wound is known as shuddh vrana.
- Rohita vrana - This vrana is known as a healing wound. Pigeon-colored, devoid of discharge and stable, is known as a healing wound.
- Samyak rudha vrana (the healing wound) - Devoid of swelling, devoid of pain, color of vrana site is that of normal skin color, base of the wound is healed, this type of wound is known as healing wound.
Symptoms Of Vrana On The Basis Of Dosha Vitiation
- Vataja vrana: (ch.chi. 25/11) stiffness, hardness, less discharge, excessive pain, blackish in color, pricking pain and twitching.
- Pittaja vrana: (ch.chi 25/13) excessive thirst, fever, sweating, oiliness, contaminated, tearing pain, always in bursting stage, foul smell with foul smelling discharge.
- Kaphaja vrana: (chi.chi 25/13) frothy, heavy, oiliness, mild pain, light yellow in color, long durated.
Diagnosis Of Vrana (Ch.Chi.25/17)
Three types of diagnostic techniques:
According to ch.chi 25/22, 23
Diagnosis of vrana is done by three diagnostic techniques (darshan- on visualizing, sparshan-on touching and prashan-on questioning). Darshan helps in investigating age, color of patient and vrana, diagnosis of sense organs. Prashan helps in investigating the cause of vrana, types of pain in vrana, diagnosis of jadragni or digestive fire. Sparshan helps in the diagnosis of skin whether it is cold or hot, dry or wet, smooth or rough.
Acharya Sushruta has mentioned shashti (60) upakrama (procedures) for the treatment of vrana (wound).
- Aptarpana- temperance from food
- Alepa- medicated paste application
- Parisheka- irrigation
- Abhyanga- massage with medicated oils
- Sweden- fomentation
- Vimlapan- gentle rubbing
- Upnah- bandaging with poultice
- Pachan- induce suppuration
- Vistravan- elimination of blood
- Sneha paan- internal use of oil
- Vaman- emesis
- Virechana- purgation
- Shedana- excision of the unwanted tissue
- Bhedana- incision in wound
- Darana- bursting with the use of medication
- Lekhan- curettage or scraping
- Eshan karma- probing
- Aahran karma- extraction
- Vyadhan karma- puncturing
- Vistravan- drainage
- Seevana karma- suturing
- Sandhan karma- conjunction of wound edges
- Peedan karma- pressurize the wound with paste
- Shonita sthapana- hemostasis (equilibrium of blood)
- Nirvapnam- cooling procedures
- Utkarika- warming procedures
- Kshaya- wound toileting with herbs
- Varti- medicated wicks
- Kalka- application of medicated paste
- Sarpi- medicated ghrita
- Taila- medicated oil
- Raskriya- thickened extract
- Avchurnan- medicinal powder dusting
- Vrana dhupana- wound fumigation
- Utsadhana- promoting granulation tissue formation
- Avsadhana- cauterization (medicated) of granulation tissue
- Mridhu karma- softening of wound
- Kshara karma- chemical cauterization
- Agni karma- thermal cauterization
- Krishna karma- pigmenting procedure
- Pandu karma- depigmenting
- Pratisaarana- rubbing with herbs
- Romsanjanam- promoting regrowth of hairs
- Lomapharan- depilation
- Basti karma- enema therapy
- Uttar basti- per urethral administration of medicated oil
- Bandha- bandaging
- Patra daan- leaves application
- Krimighana- disinfection procedure
- Brihmana- restorative measures
- Vishghana- detoxification
- Shirovirachana- expulsion of dosha from head
- Nasya- nasal route medication
- Kawal dharan- gargling
- Dhoompana- medicated smoking
- Madhusarpi- administration of honey and ghrita
- Yantra- use of surgical instruments
- Ahaara- healthy dietary regimen
- Rakshavidhaana- protective measures
All these above procedures are mentioned under the shashti upkrama to heal the wound.
Ayurvedic Treatment By Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda is a clinic that works on the criteria of ayurveda. They formulate the products under the guidance of M.D ayurveda practitioners. The herbal remedies are devoid of any kind of synthetic materials and 100% purely vegetarian. Planet Ayurveda provides a Wound Healing Pack - 2 for healthy wound healing. Let's take a look at that pack.
Wound Healing Pack - 2
Wound Healing Pack - 2 is a pack by Planet Ayurveda formulated to treat healthy wound healing in all types of wounds whether these are open or closed wounds any pathological wounds like diabetic foot, gangrene, bed sores, infective ulcer, tropical ulcers. Herbal remedies in this pack promote healthy wound healing with a group of 9 herbal formulations. Have a look at these effective remedies.
- Natural Glow Powder and Rose Toner - Mix both & Wash affected area gently with warm water.
- Vran Rakshas Oil, Jatyadi Oil, Nirgundi Oil and Recumin Gel - Mix all together and apply on affected area.
- Neem Capsules - 2 capsules two times in a day with warm water after meals.
- Curcumin Capsules - 2 capsules two times in a day with warm water after meals.
- Guggul Capsules - 1 capsule two times in a day with warm water after meals.
1. Vran Rakshas Tel
As the name suggests vrana means wound rakshas means prevent. This oil is specially made to prevent wounds from infections. It consists of 9 ingredients- sarson oil (Sinapis alba), shuddha parada (purified mercury), shuddha gandhak (purified sulfur), shuddha hartal (purified arsenic compound), nag sindhur (red oxide of lead), shuddha manahshila (purified realgar), garlic (Allium sativum), shuddha vatsanabha (Aconitum ferox) and tamra bhasma (calyx of copper).
Properties Of Ingredients Of Vran Rakshas Tel:
- Sarson oil (Sinapsis alba): This oil helps in wound healing by reducing pain and inflammation and by preventing microbial growth.
- Shuddha parada (purified mercury): You may be surprised to know that purified mercury shows great results in healing the wound by acting as a disinfectant as it prevents bacterial growth along with restricting the reproduction of bacteria.
- Shudha gandhak (purified sulfur): This is having antimicrobial properties and along with that it is very beneficial in fungal wounds and even bed sores.
- Shuddha hartal (purified arsenic compound): It prevents the growth of microorganisms.
- Nag sindhur (red oxide of lead): It helps in wound healing by promoting granulation tissue growth.
- Shudha manahshila (purified realgar): It has anti-inflammatory and anti-ulcer properties. Helps in preventing other skin problems.
- Garlic (Allium sativum): It helps in promoting the production of fibroblasts (cells responsible for tissue repair.
- Shuddha vatsanabha (Aconitum ferox): It proved to be anti-inflammatory in nature.
- Tamra bhasma (calyx of copper): it has soothing properties on application. It helps in maintaining the normal skin color to the scar while improving the complexion of the skin.
The above properties of the ingredients of vran rakshas help in promoting wound healing.
2. Jatyadi Tailam
This oil consists of 8 ingredients- daruharidra (Berberis aristata), turmeric (Curcuma longa), haritaki (Terminalia chebula), jasmine (Jasminum officinale), lodhra (Symplocos racemosa), liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra), neem (Azadirachta indica) and praval (coral).
Properties Of Ingredients Of Jatyadi Tailam:
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata):This herb is a great antioxidant that prevents degenerative changes and also having anti-microbial properties which prevents any sort of infection. It is having ropan (healing) properties so it helps in promoting the wound healing process. It is even very beneficial in healing burn wounds.
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa): As we all know, turmeric is considered a great herbal remedy for wound healing. It consists of curcumin- a great antioxidant that helps in healing wounds more quickly by reducing inflammation and oxidation.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula): It consists of strong anti-viral, antibacterial and antifungal properties that keep the wound free from infections and along with that promotes the wound healing.
- Jasmine (jasminum officinale): It enhances the rate of wound healing by increasing the collagen synthesis. It helps in treating ulcers and chronic wounds.
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa): It helps in wound healing due to its astringent property by stopping the bleeding from the wound and makes the skin tight. Also its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties promote wound healing.
- Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra): It has a soothing effect on skin and helps in wound healing by reducing redness, swelling and inflammation.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica): It is a wonderful herb in treating chronic wounds by promoting the growth of healthy healing tissue.
- Praval (coral): It provides soothness to the wound.
Due to the above properties, jatyadi thailam helps in promoting wound healing.
3. Nirgundi Oil
This oil consist of 5 ingredients- tila oil (Sesamum indicum), manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia), haridra (Curcuma longa), nirgundi (Vitex negundo), andkalihari (Gloriosa superba).
Properties Of Ingredients Of Nirgundi Oil:
- Tila oil (Sesamum indicum) - It repairs the damaged skin cells and prevents the wound from infection by antimicrobial properties.
- Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) - Manjishtha is a great blood purifier. It helps in promoting wound healing by improving the blood flow in the wound area.
- Haridra (curcuma longa) - It promotes wound healing by reducing inflammation and oxidation.
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo) - It helps in reducing pain as well as reduces the irritation of the wound by pacifying pitta dosha. Also reduce inflammation by reducing kapha dosha.
- Kalihari (Gloriosa superba) - Due to its astringent properties it helps in stopping the bleeding from the wound and helps in skin tightening during wound healing.
Due to all these properties, it is considered as a great remedy for promoting healthy wound healing.
4. Recumin Gel
This herbal gel includes 11 ingredients- curcumin (Curcuma longa), leaves, bark and fruits of neem (Azadirachta indica), jasmine (Jasminum officinale), guggul (Commiphora mukul), jyotishmati (Celastrus paniculatus), tila (Sesamum indicum), coconut (Cocos nucifera), jeevanti (Leptadenia reticulata) and gel base.
Properties Of Ingredients Of Recumin Gel:
- Curcumin (Curcuma longa) - Curcumin is found in haridra and is a great antioxidant that reduces oxidation and promotes skin tissue repair during wound healing.
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) - Neem is great herb that is very beneficial for wound healing due to its promoting the growth of healthy granulation tissue.
- Jasmine (Jasminum officinale) - It increases the rate of wound healing by improving the collagen synthesis. It helps in treating ulcers and chronic wounds.
- Guggul (Commiphora mukul) - It is very beneficial in preventing infections along with being the best ayurvedic herb for reducing inflammation.
- Jyotishmati (Celastrus paniculatus) - Jyotishmati (Celastrus paniculatus) leaf extract application helps in healthy wound healing due to its antioxidant effect as it prevents degeneration of cells and promotes healing. Beside that it is a great nervine tonic that keeps your brain sharp and healthy.
- Tila (sesamum indicum) - Tila (Sesamum indicum) promotes epithelialization process during wound healing and reduces the length of the wound and helps in healthy wound closure and also prevents infections as includes antimicrobial effect.
- Coconut (Cocos nucifera) - Coconut (Cocos nucifera) is best for skin health. It cures lots of skin problems. As well as it prevents skin from being damaged. Due to this, it helps healthy wound healing and prevents infection due to its antimicrobial effect.
- Jeevanti (Leptadenia reticulata) - Jeevanti (Leptadenia reticulata) provides strength to the healing wound and prevents it from bacterial infection.
- Gel base - Helps in the formation of gel.
These properties prevent wounds from infections and promote healthy wound healing due to all the above properties.
5. Natural Glow Powder
This is herbal pack contains four natural ingredients- chandan (Santalum album), multani mitti (fuller's earth), orange peel (Citrus x sinensis) and haridra (curcuma longa).
Properties Of Ingredients Of Natural Glow Powder:
- Chandan (Santalum album) - It nourishes the skin and promotes the scar to heal without leaving any mark behind. Also helpful in minimizing the thick or hypertrophic scar.
- Multani mitti (Fuller's earth) - Multani mitti gives you an even skin tone by providing a cooling effect and by reducing pigmentation. It also reduces the scar after wound healing by improving the elasticity of the skin.
- Orange peel (Citrus x sinensis) - It prevents dryness from the wound scar by providing hydration. It makes the skin youthful and glowing by renew the worn out cells.
- Haridra (Curcuma longa) - Application of haridra promotes the sacr skin to heal by reducing the oxidative stress from the skin cells.
So by applying the natural glow powder you will get rid of your scar and get an even skin-tone.
6. Rose Toner
This is herbal toner consist of 7 ingredients- mint oil (Mentha piperita), green tea extract (Camellia sinensis), rose extract (Rosa domestica), rose oil (Rosa domestica), PEG iscaguard, color and aqua.
Properties Of Ingredients Of Rose Toner:
- Mint oil (Mentha piperita) - It shows great soothing effect to the skin and helps in reducing itching from the healing wound.
- Green tea extract (Camellia sinensis) - It helps in getting rid of the scar by deep penetration into the skin by reducing redness and irritation which further on reduces the disturbance of the scar that results in smoother and less visible scar.
- Rose extract and Rose oil (Rosa domestica) -Provides moisture and prevents hydration to the healing scar along with that helps in maintaining elasticity of the scar.
- PEG iscaguard, color and aqua - All these products help in formation of the rose toner.
So due to all the above properties this rose toner helps in promoting healthy scar healing that results from the wound.
7. Neem Capsules
It is a single herb formulation containing neem extract (Azadirachta indica). It is a very popular herb for healthy skin as it is anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and has nourishing properties that helps your skin to heal. In wound healing these capsules help by promoting blood purification and preventing the growth of microbes. It also helps in promoting hair growth on the scar area.
8. Curcumin Capsules
These capsules are also a single herb formulation- curcumin (Curcuma longa). Curcumin is found in turmeric, as we know turmeric has healing properties and has been used for years. It's great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties help skin to heal naturally. Also it reduces pain from the wound. So it is very beneficial in the wound healing process by lowering the body response towards cutaneous wounds.
9. Guggul Capsules
This formulation also contains one ingredient- guggul (commiphora mukul). Guggul is the best herb known for its anti-inflammatory effect. It helps in reducing inflammation from the wound and promotes healthy wound healing. Also it is analgesic in nature hence prevents pain from the wound.
Wound healing is the process of replacement of destroyed tissue with that of healthy tissue. Wound Healing Pack - 2 is formulated by Planet Ayurveda especially to promote healthy wound healing. Here we study all about wounds and their types along with that of wound healing process. Also along with that here we learn about the ayurvedic view of wounds. As per ayurveda wound is known as vrana. We learnt about the symptoms and causes as per different types of vrana. Beside all this we learnt with the diagnostic techniques as per ayurveda. Wound Healing Pack - 2 by Planet Ayurveda is beneficial in dealing all types of wound whether it is a closed or open wound, traumatic or pathological wounds like diabetic foot, gangrene, bed sores, etc. we recommend you to use this pack for healthy wound healing.