Hinguvachadi Churna is an herbal medicine in the form of powder. It is used in the treatment of indigestion, bloating etc. Hingu means Asafetida, which is the prime ingredient of this product.
- Shuddha Hingu (Asafetida) fried in clarified butter
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)
- Vijaya (Terminalia chebula)
- Ashvagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Pomegranate (Punica granatum)
- Dipyaka (Trachyspermum ammi)
- Coriander (Coriandrum sativum)
- Patha (Cyclea peltata)
- Pushkara (Inula racemosa)
- Shati (Hedychium spicatum)
- Hapusha (Sphaeranthus indicus)
- Agni (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Yavakshara (Hordeum vulgare)
- Rock salt
- Sochal salt
- Bida salt
- Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis)
- Black pepper (Piper nigrum)
- Long pepper (Piper longum)
- Cumin (Cuminum cyminum)
- Chavya (Piper chaba)
- Tintidika (Rhus parviflora)
- Vetasamla (Garcinia Morella)
Method of Preparation
Clean and grind all the ingredients separately to obtain fine powder. Mix until the mixture of herbal powders is homogenous. Store the powder in a clean and dry bottle away from heat and moisture.
- Sprue and Malabsorption syndrome
- Abdominal pain
- Low back pain
1 to 3 grams with buttermilk or warm water after meals twice daily.
- Self-medication is discouraged.
- It should be avoided in people with emaciation and in men seeking treatment for infertility.
- It should not be consumed in pregnancy, lactation and children.
- As it contains salts, it should be avoided by hypertensive patients.