Tapyadi Loha Vati
Reference: Ayurveda Sara Sangraha - 17th edition. Loha Prakarana; page no. 470.
Tapyadi Loha Vati is classical formulation in Ayurveda that balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha in the body. This Ayurvedic medicine is in tablet form, filled with herbal and mineral ingredients. It useful treatment for liver conditions such as Jaundice and Anemia.
5 grams of each of:-
- Triphala – Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Trikatu (Pepper, Long pepper and Ginger)
- Chitrakmool (Leadwort) (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
10 grams of each of:-
- Pippali moola (Piper longum) - Root
- Devadaru (Cedrus deodara)
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata)
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- Chavya (Piper chaba)
20 grams of each of:-
- Shilajatu (Asphaltum)
- Swarna Makshika Bhasma (Purified and processed Copper Pyrite)
- Raupya Bhasma (Purified and Processed Silver Bhasma)
- Loha Bhasma (Purified and processed and Iron Bhasma)
- Mandura Bhasma (Iron) – 200 grams
- Sugar – 320 grams
Method of Preparation
All the ingredients are mixed in right proportion to prepare this formulation.
Tapyadi Loha Vati is very efficient Ayurvedic formulation that is helpful to keep the Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas in the body balanced, acting as an alternative, hematinic & cardiac tonic.
This Ayurvedic medicine is very beneficial in providing medicinal effects in liver conditions. It is very useful in case of Jaundice, provides relief from its symptoms. It is suitable remedy for Anemia, as it contains iron that helps to improve the level of hemoglobin, thereby provide strength to body.
It is able to reduce inflammation, has property to decrease edema by removing excess body fluid out of the body. It has good results in Amenorrhea, as it escalates the level of hemoglobin in the blood, which further helps to maintain regular menstruation cycle.
It is also beneficial medicine for diabetes.
It is even suitable for digestive problems, improves digestion and useful in controlling the vomiting.
- Useful Ayurvedic treatment for Jaundice, anemia, inflammation.
- Also beneficial in Amenorrhea.
- It can also be helpful in diabetes.
Consume 125 mg-250 mg (1-2) tablets 1-2 times daily before or after having meals or as recommended by Ayurvedic doctor.
Contraindications / Side Effects
- This Ayurvedic medicine must be consumed under strict directions only.
- Its self-medication might be unsafe.
- It is better to avoid in children and pregnant ladies.
- It's over dose might results in side effects like tremors, dizziness etc.
- Have this medicine under recommended dose and specified period of time.