Home Remedies for Asthma
As it is said that breathe healthy to stay healthy, Ayurveda is exploring itself throughout the world to help people in safe and gentle ways. Here we are going to discuss about Asthma and helpful Asthma home Remedies.
What is asthma?
Asthma is a type of allergy that causes airways to swell and lead to wheezing, constant cough, shortness of breath and production of extra mucus.
Asthma triggers vary from person to person and can include:
Allergic reactions to some specific food items like ladyfinger, banana, curd, peanuts, freezer items etc.
- Airborne allergens such as pollen, dust particles, animal dander etc.
- Air pollutants and irritants like dust and smoke.
- Physical activities like jogging.
- Stress and some emotions.
Effective Home Remedies
1. Amla with Honey
- Mix one teaspoon of Indian gooseberry powder with one teaspoon of honey.
- Have this every early morning for better results.
- Boil 10 cloves of garlic in a glass of milk.
- Drink after straining when one fourth remains.
- Practice this home remedy for a month.
- Turmeric is used in wound healing.
- It acts as a powerful antioxidant and anti inflammatory.
- Mix half tsp in a glass of warm milk and have every day.
4. Longpepper, dry ginger and black pepper
- Powder made from longpepper, dry ginger and black pepper is called trikatu churna.
- It is very effective in respiratory tract infections like cough, cold, running nose, asthma etc.
- It can be taken half to 1 tsp mixed with honey two to three times daily.
- This helps to release phlegm out and clears the channels.
- Avoid fried, processed foods and eating late at night.
- Don't consume food items that has tendency to produce phlegm like rice, milk, cheese, sugar, curd etc.
- Have hot water sip by sip.
- Wrap yourself and avoid exposing to cold breeze that can aggravate symptoms like cough, wheezing etc.
- Practice Pranayam (Anulom and Vilom) under an expert's observation.