Home Remedies for Depression
Most common emotional disorder - Depression has become a common issue these days. Not only adults, teenage have also become one of the major sufferers of depression. The reasons for depression are highly different. However, genetics play an important role in the occurrence of depression. Teens face a lot of obstacles, which lead to depression to a huge extent.
The major reasons of depression are as follows:
- Failure to cope with the problems
- Peer pressure
- Disturbing events
- Relationship conflicts
- Failure to accomplish goals
There are various types of depression. Reactive depression, seasonal affective depression, biochemical depression are some of the major types of depression.
The common symptoms of depression are irritation, sleeping too much, headache, fatigue, difficulty in concentrating, suicidal thoughts, backache, digestive problem, loss of appetite, observable alterations in weight, self condemnation, feeling of hopelessness and helplessness, lethargic feeling, loss of interest in sex and many others.
Major Home Remedies for Depression
- Garlic helps to elevate the mood and it has a tremendous impact on the level of cholesterol.
- So, garlic therapy can definitely have a wonderful impact in getting rid of depression.
- Have raw 2 pods of garlic every morning empty stomach
- Make paste out of 2 to 3 garlic pods and have with 1 tsp honey.
- Ashwagandha is known as withania somnifera.
- Which is an excellent herb to boost nervous system.
- It provide nutrition to brain cells as well effectively
- Take 1 tsp of its dried powder in a glass of warm milk to drink every day.
3. Sunflower seeds
- Sunflower seeds contain selenium, which helps to get rid of depression to a certain extent.
- Generally, people with low levels of selenium are prone to anxiety, depression and stress.
- Have half tsp. of sunflower seeds powder along with I glass of milk daily.
- Other foods rich in selenium are Brazil nut and fishes.
- Use of cardamom has been proved useful in depression.
- Powdered cardamom should be boiled in water and tea is prepared in the usual way.
- This home remedy on regular basis treats the condition up to a huge extent.
- Grab enough sleep
- Consume a balanced diet
- Carry out proper physical activities and exercises regularly
- Also, drink enough water
- Keep your mind relaxed
- Practice meditation
- Prevent alcoholism and any other addiction