Modern lifestyle, smoking, excessive intake of alcohol, hypertensions lead to several diseases and one of them is edema. Edema is swelling affecting the hands, legs and ankles due to accumulation of excessive fluid in the body. Patients suffering from conditions such as kidney and liver disorders, heart disease, lymph nodes inflammation, allergies, diabetes, pregnant women have symptoms of edema.
Noticeable symptoms of edema are :
- Tissues swelling under the skin
- Stretching, puffiness and dimpling of skin
- Abdomen enlarge
- Pulmonary edema symptoms include:
- Wheezing, Coughing
- Condition becomes critical when symptoms include:
- Blood in cough
- Pain in chest
- Pale skin and fainting
Home remedies for Edema
Home remedies are effective, simple and natural way to reduce swelling but with recommendation of doctor as some of them can be restricted in specific diseases.
- Is one of the home remedy that is natural diuretic to cure edema.
- It flushes out toxin and water out of the body.
- Consumption of 2 or 3 cloves in the morning are effective.
2. Dandelion green tea, Fennel tea and corn silk tea
- The leaves of dandelion herb are rich in vitamins and minerals, corn silk are thread like strands of corn rich in Vitamin K and fennel has spicy aroma.
- To make tea, fresh leaves of dandelion, fennel or corn silk are kept in cup and boiled water is added and kept for few minutes.
- Strain and drink 2-3 cups of one of this tea daily.
3. Coriander seeds
- These are rich in potassium making it useful for water retention.
- These seeds are added to boiled water for 5 min.
- Strain and consumed twice daily.
- It is helpful in treating edema as it is a natural diuretic especially for pregnant women.
- Barley is added to water, soaked overnight, strained and consume 2 glasses of barley water daily in the morning.
5. Flax seeds
- Flax seeds are crushed into a powder and sprinkled over food.
- Flax seed oil can also be applied to the affected area of the body.
- Eat healthy, opt for a balanced diet and avoid excessive salt in your diet.
- Stay active with recommended exercises.
- Follow relaxation therapies to avoid mental stress and fatigue.