Home Remedies for Hair Loss
Every day, you almost certainly lose anywhere between 50 to 100 strands of hair which is perfectly normal. It is when the hair loss exceeds this stature that we begin to notice thinning of hair or bald patches (a condition known as Alopecia) Most people are likely to experience hair loss in their 30s because at this time, hormonal change, pressure and an unhealthy diet take their toll. As well trying to correct these factors, adopting a few effective home remedies is very helpful in facilitating hair growth.
Baldness or alopecia refers to loss of hair in excess.
Effective Home Remedies
- Coconut works as natural conditioner and promote hair growth.
- It contains proteins and minerals like potassium and iron.
- Grate coconut and squeeze out the milk by mixing in a little water. Apply this to the particular area where you notice thinning of hair or baldness. Allow staying overnight and the next morning wash with water.
- Regular use of coconut oil massage on the scalp and hair has a protective action against hair loss.
- Henna Known for long as a natural hair color and conditioner.
- Henna when combined with mustard oil, it works even better and has a major role in strengthening and conditioning hair.
- Take one cup of the dry powder of henna leaves mixed with half a cup of curd. Apply this to hair and allow drying, later wash with cool water and a mild shampoo
- Amla is packed with vitamin C and has strong antioxidant in it.
- Crush the Amla fruit to take out juice or buy the Amla powder available at an herbal store. Add two teaspoons of the juice or the powder into an equal quantity of the juice freshly squeezed from a lime. Mix well and apply to the scalp and leave it to dry. Later rinse using warm water.
- Eggs are another rich source of protein and minerals such as selenium, iodine, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
- Take the white part of one egg and mix in a teaspoon of olive oil. Beat to make a paste like consistency and apply to the entire scalp and hair. Keep it on for about 20 minutes and then clean with cool water and a mild shampoo.
5. Onion AND Garlic
- Onion and garlic are very rich source of sulphur, which increases the production of collagen and hence improves hair growth.
- Chop onion in to fine pieces to take out the juice. Apply on scalp and leave up to 20 minutes. Wash off later.
- Crush few cloves of garlic and add little coconut oil. Boil for few minutes. Apply on scalp and massage when it is warm enough and easy to use. This can be used thrice a week for better results.
6. Aloe Vera
- Boil two bags of green tea in one cup of water. Apply on scalp when it is warm enough. Leave for half to one hour and rinse off with water.
- Green tea contains strong antioxidant which promotes hair growth and prevent hair fall.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Have fresh fruits and juices.
- Include leafy vegetables in your diet.
- Practice yoga and meditation under an expert.