Insomnia is a sleep disorder that is characterized by staying asleep or difficulty falling asleep. There are variety of causes that lead to insomnia like anxiety, stress, poor sleep habits, chronic pain, life changes, disruptions in sleeping environment, poor sleep habits, caffeine or other stimulants, breathing difficulties and medical conditions like acid reflux, heart failure and arthritis etc. Insomnia condition can be managed by simple home remedies at home.
Cinnamon is one of the best herb for insomnia. It is one of the best mind relaxant.
Process to use this method:-
- Take a cup of warm milk add ¼ tsp of cinnamon powder. Drink this milk at bedtime. This preparation will decrease the frustration levels and provides sound sleep to a person.
- Prepare an herbal tea by boiling one whole banana in a glass of water for around 10mins. Add cinnamon powder to it. Pour this tea in a cup and add more cinnamon or honey to it. Drink this tea.
The presence of menthol in peppermint makes it a good sedative and muscle relaxant. It promotes overall body and mind relaxation. The scent present in peppermint has soothing effect on the brain.
Process to use this method:-
- Prepare an herbal tea from peppermint leaves. Boil few peppermint leaves in two cups of water for 15mins. Drink this water.
- Peppermint oil help to manage stress, treat mental fatigue and treat nervous disorders. You can use leaves of peppermint by putting it to carrier oil like almond oil, avocado oil and olive oil etc. Massage with this oil at bedtime, to get relief from insomnia.
3. Garlic cloves
Garlic cloves are used since ancient time. The presence of sulfurous compounds in garlic have a calming effect on brain to improve the quality of sleep.
Process to use garlic clove:-
Combine a garlic clove and a glass of milk in a saucepan. Let it boil for three minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool. Add one teaspoon of honey to it. Drink this milk thirty minutes before bedtime.
The nutrients like iron, zinc, calcium, potassium, magnesium and vitamin B in almonds are very good in insomnia. These nutrients relax the muscles, regulate brain activity and increase the secretion of sleep-inducing compounds such as melatonin. Almonds contains 14 types of amino acids including tryptophan that synthesize serotonin and melatonin level.
Process to use almonds:-
- Consume four to five almonds soaked overnight daily.
- Prepare a paste of three to four almonds and add it to a glass of warm milk. Have this milk daily at night.
5. Hot milk
Hot milk contains tryptophan that cross the blood-brain barrier in order to have a good sleep. Milk encourage brain to produce calming hormones known as serotonin, which is good for insomnia.
Process to use Hot Milk:-
Drink a glass of hot milk at bedtime for sound sleep.
Honey helps to convert tryptophan into serotonin that promotes relaxation. Serotonin is then converted into melatonin in the pineal gland. Production of melatonin is beneficial for sleeping disorders. It enhances the quality of restorative sleep. Honey contain sufficient amount of glycogen that is necessary for restful sleep.
Process to use Honey:-
Consume one to two tablespoonful of honey at bedtime as it promotes higher quality sleep to get rid of insomnia.
Banana is fully loaded with potassium and magnesium that relax muscles and keep mind calm. It is a wonderful remedy for insomnia.
Process to use banana:-
Prepare a banana tea by adding one cup of water and cinnamon powder to it. Boil this mixture for ten minutes. Drink this mixture before going to sleep.
8. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile contain constituent benzodiazepines, a group of anxiety reducing drugs like Xanax and valium that is beneficial for insomnia. It helps to elevate mood, promote sleep and reduce anxiety.
Process to use chamomile tea:-
Use two to three teaspoons of chamomile leaves to a cup of boiling water. Allow it to steep for fifteen minutes. Drink this tea between meals up to four times a day.Share with your friends: