How to Cure Scleroderma with Home Remedies?
Scleroderma is the medical term used for the disease which causes hardening and thickening of skin connective tissues. Many patients with Scleroderma feel uncomfortable and over-self-conscious. This disease shows symptoms such as dry, stiff and itchy skin, red spots on hands and face, dry mouth, and fatigue. It's an autoimmune disease due to which the symptoms vary from person to person. There are a number of drugs such as Penicillamine, and glucocorticoids that are used to treat Scleroderma, but these don’t show high degree of efficacy, and also harm the skin in the long run. Instead of using harmful drugs it's better to opt for some Ayurvedic home remedies. There are a number of herbs, foods, and spices that show great effects and results in Scleroderma. All the home remedies are natural and very efficacious and will give the desired positive results in a few months without any adverse effects.
Home Remedies for Scleroderma
For Local Application
This herb has been used for many years in Ayurveda due to its great Ayurvedic properties. According to Ayurveda, Turmeric is Bitter in taste, dryness, and lightness are its qualities, after digestion it undergoes pungent taste and is hot in potency. Turmeric balances the Kapha, Vata and Pitta dosha of our body. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties protect our skin against inflammation and oxidative damage by ROS species and show the therapeutic effect on Scleroderma affected areas.
- Mix 1-2 tablespoon of Turmeric in half cup of water, mix it well until it forms a fine paste. Apply this paste directly on the affected area with the help of a cotton ball.
- You can also apply Turmeric powder directly on the affected area. This will help to eliminate the free radicals from the body.
Onions have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which overcome the action of free radicals. It softens the hard and tight skin patches. Sometimes, it becomes very uncomfortable due to stiffness, tightness, puffiness, and swelling in the hands and fingers. The anti-inflammatory property of Onion helps to eradicate swelling and stiffness.
- Cut Onion into two halves and apply gently on the affected skin portion. Message it for 15-20 minutes every day.
- On another hand, you can also apply onion juice on affected skin with the help of cotton balls.
3. Fish Oil
Fish oil is the richest source of Omega-3 fatty acids which helps to flush out the free radicals from our body. It also possesses antioxidant properties and maintains the proper functioning of the immune system. The fishes which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are salmon, tuna, cod-liver, and herring. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are the main Omega-3 fatty acids present in fish oil. They provide shooting effects on your affected skin and are proven as the best home remedy for Scleroderma.
- Apply Fish oil directly on scaly patches every day for relief.
- You can also add tuna, salmon and cod-liver fish in your daily diet.
4. Triphala Decoction
Triphala constitutes three herbs i.e. Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) and Amalaki (Emblica officinalis). All these three herbs work together and prevent us from various ailments. In scleroderma, this decoction is very beneficial in healing wounds.
- Prepare a decoction of triphala and wash the affected area two times a day.
For Oral Intake
Spinach is the richest source of vitamins, minerals, proteins, and dietary fibers. It contains Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B2. Spinach has a high level of chlorophyll and health-promoting beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. Spinach contains minerals such as iron and phosphorus. Due to the high content of phytonutrients, spinach provides direct energy to cells and the immune system as well.
- To eradicate the problem of Scleroderma you should add two cups of raw or steamed spinach in your diet daily.
- To avoid the strong flavor of spinach and enhance its taste with benefits you can add vegetables such as carrot and tomatoes.
2. Tulsi Leaves
Tulsi is an amazing herb with a bundle of health properties such as antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal, antipyretic, antiseptic and anti-cancerous. It manages all the cardiac, respiratory and lifestyle disorders very well.
- You can take 1 cup of Tulsi tea daily in the morning
- Also, tulsi leaves can be added in many dishes.
All the home remedies which are mentioned above are most effective for Scleroderma skin disorder. Along with these, you can also try gram flour, cottage cheese, and some physical activities. Physical activities increase the blood circulation in your body and reduce stiffness in the limbs.