How to Cure Scleroderma with Home Remedies?
Scleroderma is the medical term used for the disease which causes hardening and thickening of skin connective tissues. Many patient with Scleroderma feels uncomfortable and self-conscious. This disease shows the symptoms such as dry, stiff skin, red spots on hands and face, dry mouth, fatigue and itching on the skin. It's an autoimmune disease due to which symptoms of Scleroderma varies from person to person. There are numbers of drugs such as Penicillamine, and glucocorticoids are used to treat Scleroderma, but these drugs doesn't show high degree of efficacy. Instead of using harmful drugs it's better, you should opt for home remedies. There are numbers of herbs, foods, spices, which shows great effect and results for Scleroderma. All the home remedies has high degree of efficacy and you will see the positive results in few months. It's a natural method of treatment which has no side effects on our body.
Home remedies for Scleroderma
Garlic has been used in Ayurveda from many years. It reduces all the symptoms of Scleroderma. The antioxidant property of Garlic neutralizes the free radical attack and protects your skin from Scleroderma symptoms. Scleroderma is an autoimmune disease which mainly causes the hardening of skin due to excessive connective tissues formation. Garlic has antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antiseptic properties, all these properties help to overcome the skin thickening problem. The main immune boosting component of Garlic is Allicin which provides immunity against foreign particles. According to the Ayurvedic point of view, Garlic is pungent, astringent in taste, hot in potency, and undergoes pungent taste after digestion. It balances the Kapha and Vata Dosha.
- Cut a 2-3 clove of Garlic and put them in boiling water for 5 minutes. Strain and leave it for 10 minutes to cool down, Drink this Garlic tea for two times a day.
- Alternatively, you can also use a cotton ball, dip it in Garlic oil and apply gently on the affected area.
This herb has been used for many years in Ayurveda due to its great Ayurvedic properties. According to Ayurveda Turmeric is Bitter, pungent in taste, dryness, and lightness in qualities, after digestion undergoes pungent taste and it is hot in potency. Turmeric balances the Kapha, Vata and Pitta dosha of our body. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant property protect our skin from inflammation and oxidative damage by ROS species and showing the therapeutic effect on Scleroderma affected area.
- Mix 1-2 tablespoon of Turmeric in half cup of water, mix it well until it forms a fine paste. Apply this paste directly on the affected area with the help of cotton ball.
- You can also apply Turmeric powder directly on affected area. This will helps to eliminate the free radical form the body.
Spinach is the richest source of vitamins, minerals, proteins, and dietary fibers. It contains Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B2. The spinach has a high level of chlorophyll and health-promoting beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. Spinach contains minerals such as iron and phosphorus. Due to the high content of phytonutrients, spinach provide direct energy to cells and the immune system.
- To irradiate the problem of Scleroderma you should add two cups of spinach raw or steamed spinach in your diet daily.
- To avoid the strong flavor of spinach you can add vegetables such as carrot tomatoes to enhance its taste.
Lemon is the very good source of Vitamin C which acts as a great antioxidant for our skin and reduces the free radical damage. Along with this, it has antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antibacterial properties. All these properties work together and help to irradiate the symptoms of Scleroderma. Lemon juice works wonder for skin and reduces the white patches of Scleroderma. Lemon tea helps to soothe Scleroderma problem, you can add lemon and honey to it for better taste.
- Mix two tablespoon of Lemon juice and one tablespoon of the honey well and with the help of cotton ball apply it on white patches.
- Do this 2-3 times a day for better results.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and Lemon into one cup of hot water, drink this 2-3 time a day.
Ginger is the well-known home remedy for Scleroderma. People who have Scleroderma also, suffers from digestion problems such as constipation, bloating, diarrhea and heartburn. Ginger has a very good anti-inflammatory effect which provides relives from these symptoms. Gingerol is the main active compound of Ginger, which promotes healing and reduces Scleroderma symptoms on your skin. Ginger contains two main phytochemical such as Gingerol and Shagols which has analgesic, antiprostaglandin, hepatoprotective, and antipyretic properties. Due to anti-inflammatory properties of Ginger, it reduces the inflammation of the skin.
- Chop Ginger and add it into one cup of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Strain, Leave it for 5 minutes and after that enjoy the warm cup of Ginger tea.
- You should drink this tea 2-3 times a day for better results.
Like ginger, turmeric, and garlic, Onion has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which overcome the action of free radicals. It helps to soften the hard and tight skin patches. Sometimes it becomes uncomfortable due to stiffness, tightness, and puffiness in your hands and fingers, and also swelling in the hands. The anti-inflammatory property of Onion eradicates the swelling and stiffness of hands and fingers.
- Cut Onion into two half's and apply gently on affected skin. Message it for 15-20 minutes on your skin every day.
- On another hand, you can also apply onion juice on affected skin with the help of cotton balls.
7. Fish Oil
Fish oil is the richest source of Omega-3 fatty acids which helps to flush out the free radicals from our body due to its antioxidant properties. This oil also maintains the proper functioning of the immune system. The fishes which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are salmon, tuna, cod-liver, and herring. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are the main Omega-3 fatty acids which are present in fish oil and provides shooting affected on your affected skin. This is the best home remedy for Scleroderma.
- Apply Fish oil directly on scaly patches every day this will provide relief.
- You can also add tuna, salmon and cod-liver fish in your daily diet.
All the home remedies which are mentioned above are most effective for Scleroderma skin disorder. Along with these, you can also try gram flour, cottage cheese, and some physical activities. Physical activities increase the blood circulation in your body and reduce stiffness in the limbs.