Home Remedies for Tonsils in Children
Inflammation of the tonsils creates much discomfort among the individuals. Children, especially feel a lot of problems, if affected with this condition. Generally, this situation arises due to the viral or bacterial infections.
The major symptoms of tonsillitis include the following:
- Sore throat
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Neck stiffness
- White or yellow spots on the tonsils
If you want to get the rid of tonsils fast, it is essential to follow some home remedies. The ultimate way to get rid of the situation is surgery. But, to avoid surgery in the children, following home remedies for tonsils can be implemented.
Useful Home Remedies for Tonsils
- Take lots of rest. This will provide rest to the throat, which will give ample time for the inflammation of the tonsils to reduce further.
- Drink lemon tea mixed honey. This is an effective home remedy for treating tonsils in children. This tea provides relief from the symptoms and help to eradicate them completely.
- Have fluids and liquid type foods. This will be helpful since your child will have difficulty in swallowing during this acute condition.
- Have loads of water. This will help to prevent dehydration and dryness effectively.
- Have cold ice pops. This will impart soothing action to the sore throat condition and remove the discomfort considerably.
- Gargle with warm water. Add a pinch of salt to the water. This is effective in treating the infection and provides relief to the sore throat condition.
- Make a mixture using sugar, ginger and honey. Drink the mixture. It will also provide tremendous relief aiding to get rid of the stressful conditions of the throat, inflammation and pain.
- Make a solution using warm water and honey. Gargle with the mixture. This will provide relief from the painful and stiff conditions of tonsils.
- Hot honey milk is also an effective home remedy. You can add some paste of ginger to the solution. This provides soothing action to the patients.
- Drink orange juice. It contains Vitamin C, which helps to fight the microorganism causing the infection.
- Make a solution with green tea and honey. Drink it. It also acts as an effective home remedy for tonsils in children.