Yeast infection is caused by many microorganisms, which reside inside the vagina of the females. It is often characterized by pain during urination or sexual intercourse, itching, burning sensation and white odorless vaginal discharge. The symptoms occur more likely during the week prior to the menstruation period. Yeast infections are extremely common during pregnancy.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF YEAST INFECTIONS:
- Easily Occasionally treatable yeast infections
- recurrent yeast infections
EFFECTIVE Home Remedies for Yeast Infection
- Stay loose and dry. Yeasts generally prefer moist atmosphere with little or no oxygen. To stop their growth, always wear cotton underwear, which is loose and breathable.
- Insert 1-2 teaspoons of yogurt in the vagina to restore the balance between acid-bacteria. You can also eat yogurt to get cured.
- Unsweetened cranberry juice is highly effective in fighting away the yeasts. It acidifies the vaginal secretions and makes them prepared to fight off the infection.
- Garlic has antifungal properties. Eat fresh garlic cloves daily, either minced or plain. This also prevents yeast infections.
- Prepare an herbal tea of rosemary. Dab in on the external surface. This helps to provide relief from burning sensation and itching.
- Use a teaspoon of dried thyme for a cup of boiling water. Make the thyme tea. Drink 1 to 4 cups on a daily basis. It is highly effective to fight away the yeast infection.
- Maintain a good hygiene.
- Wear cotton underwear.
- Always wipe from front to back to prevent the spread of the microorganisms from the anal region.
- Avoid tight fitting jeans
- Change pads in every 6 hours Decrease the consumption of sugar and caffeine
- Decrease the consumption of sugar and caffeine
- These are highly contagious. Do not pass it onto others.
These are some effective ways to treat and prevent the yeast infection. You can also carry out an at-home pH test to observe whether you are positive or negative on the yeast infection.