Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali Udara Rogadhikara 13 – 105
Ichhabhedi Rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of ascites, constipation and bloating. This medicine induces the purgation. This medicine should be taken strictly only under medical supervision as it contains heavy metal ingredient.
10 g fine powder of each of:-
- Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
- Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Shuddha Parada – Purified Mercury
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Purified Sulphur
- Tankana Bhasma – Borax
- Shuddha Jayapala – Croton tiglium – 30 g
Method of Preparation
Fine powder of above ingredients is grounded with the juice extract, made into paste and pills are prepared.
- Take 250 mg before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with cold water.
- After taking this medicine, patient is advised to take rice with buttermilk.
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, as it contains Mercury as ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage of this medicine cause severe poisonous effect and diarrhea.
- This medicine should be strictly avoided during pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.