AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF INDIGESTION
Indigestion is considered as discomfort in upper abdomen. People with indigestion problem faces burning sensation in the chest called as heartburn. Indigestion occurs when stomach acid comes in contact with the lining of digestive system. This indigestion causes inflammation, irritation in abdomen and underlying tissues.
SYMPTOMS OF INDIGESTION
- Loss of appetite
- Discomfort and fullness in upper part of abdomen
- Burning sensation in chest
- Bloating and burping
- Blood stools
MAIN CAUSES OF INDIGESTION
- Over eating
- Consumption of alcohol
- Eating fast and spicy food items
- Anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen thyroid medicines and antibiotics
- Eating very fast
- Eating high fat foods
COMPLICATIONS DUE TO INDIGESTION
- Stomach juices cause damage to lining of digestive system due to that problem gastritis happens. Main cause of gastritis is Helicobacter pylori bacteria which can damage the lining of intestine.
- Gallstone problem can occur.
- Stomach ulcers are formed due to over acid production.
- Due to excess production of stomach acid causes Zollinger Ellison disease.
- Over acid production can cause many stomach complications like duodenal ulcers, esophageal ulcers and gastric ulcers.
TECHNIQUES WHICH ARE USED TO DIAGNOSE INDIGESTION
- Ultrasound - Abdominal ultrasound is done to diagnose indigestion. Before taking ultrasound, 2-3 glasses of water are taken by patient so that clear images of internal structures of intestine can formed. In this technique, sound waves are used to examine the areas of stomach.
- Endoscopy - In this technique a device is inserted into stomach through your mouth. This is used to observe upper intestinal area to diagnose the peptic ulcers. In some cases scissors and forceps are attached on endoscope to remove the tissues for the purpose of biopsy
- X-ray – In this technique a special radiograph is used that is barium swallow. This procedure is painless. By this method we can figure out the problems in esophagus. Due to indigestion, changes that occur in esophagus are visualized by X-rays.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) – This technique provides the excellent view of organs of intestines to identify the intestinal diseases.
- Blood and stool samples can be taken in the case of bacterial infections. Helicobacter pylori are the bacteria that cause damage to lining of intestine and cause indigestion. Presence of this bacterium in the blood and stool, diagnose the indigestion.
CAUSES OF INDIGESTION IN AYURVEDA
In Ayurveda, cause of excess acid production is due to excessive pitta which results - sourness and heat in the body. In ayurveda cause of indigestion is the pitta dosha. Due to this pitta dosha, there is a production of ama in body which causes various stomach complications like nausea, bloating, burping, constipation, stomach ulcers, gastritis and gallstones can occur. In Ayurveda there are many herbs like - Cardamom, Clove, Garlic, Ginger, and Fennel etc. which helps to eliminate toxins from the body. According to Ayurveda problem of indigestion can be solved by having healthy and balanced diet.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR INDIGESTION BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda offers best combination of effective herbal remedies such as Digestion Support Pack for ayurvedic treatment of indigestion. These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives. These are safe to use as these are free from side effects.
- Agnitundi Vati - 2 capsules three times a day with plain water after meals.
- Grape Saffron Jam (Draksha Avaleha) - 1 teaspoonful two times in a day every day it can be taken with warm milk.
- Digestion Support - 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
1. Agnitundi Vati
Agnitundi vati is the digestion pack provided by the Planet Ayurveda for the treatment of indigestion. This herbal formulation helps to strengthen the digestive system and reduces the problem of indigestion to a great extent.
- Triphala (Emblica officinalis, Terminalia bellirica & Terminalia chebula) – Triphala is very important ingredient of Agnitundi vati. It helps to reduce the acidity problem and treat various stomach disorders.
- Jeerak (Cuminum cyminum) – Jeerak is the spice which used in Indian kitchens. It helps in the activation of salivary gland, which is essential for the primary digestion of food. This herb gives relief in gas problems and increases the appetite. It contains a biomolecule named as thymol, which triggers the various enzymes for complete digestion of food in stomach.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) – It helps in proper digestion of food, provides relief in gas and heartburn.
- Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica) – Chitrak is important ingredient of Agnitundi vati. It is used to treat the various stomach disorders like indigestion, peptic ulcers, loss of appetite and heartburn.
- Long pepper (Piper longum) – Long pepper is the spice which is used in Indian kitchen. It has excellent properties in the treatment of constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, flatulence and hyperacidity.
- Maricha (Piper nigrum) – Maricha also plays an important role in the formulation of Agnitundi vati. It offers various health benefits in the treatment of stomach problems like indigestion, peptic ulcers, heartburn and triggers the digestion of food.
2. Draksha Avaleha
This herbal formulation helps to treat the various stomach disorders like indigestion, heartburn and flatulence. Draksha (Vitis vinifera), Pippali (Piper longum), Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) and Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) etc that gives amazing result in indigestion.
3. Digestion support
Digestion support have excellent properties for the treatment of stomach disorders. It helps to improve the digestion, increase appetite and decrease the problems of constipation and balance the pH level of stomach. Treatment provided by the Planet Ayurveda for indigestion is quite effective and shows excellent results in patients.
DIGESTION SUPPORT IS THE MIXTURE OF VARIOUS INGREDIENTS WHICH ARE LISTED BELOW:-
- Dhania (Coriander sativum) - Dhania is very common herbs used in the Indian kitchens. It helps in the proper digestion of food so improves the digestion process. This herb also provides relief in the gastric and stomach pain.
- Sounf (Foeniculum vulgare) - Sounf is important ingredient in the formulation of digestion support capsules. This herb has excellent results in the stomach problems like relief in flatulence and gas. It is useful in treatment of constipation, diarrhea and hyperacidity.
- Bahera (Terminalia bellerica) – Bahera has significant importance in the formulation of herbal medicines. It accelerates the digestion process, increase the appetite, reduce gastric and balance the stomach pH.
- Jeerak (Cyminum cuminum) - Jeerak is the spice mostly used in Indian kitchens. It has excellent properties to treat the indigestion because it contains a phytochemical compound named as thymol. It helps in the activation of salivary gland, which is essential for the primary digestion of food. This herb gives the relief in gas problems and increases appetite.
To buy Digestion Support Pack, please visit store.planetayurveda.com/digestion-support-pack.html.
- Eat probiotic rich foods.
- Drinking plenty of water in a day can reduce the indigestion.
- Use of low fat foods.
- Green leafy vegetables should be taken in diet.
- Avoid junk foods.
- Intake of pulses and potatoes can reduce indigestion.
- Stop having those food products which have high levels of acid like citrus fruits.
- Beverages which have high levels of caffeine should be avoided.
- Small meals should be taken.
- Drinking lemon juice helps to eliminate the toxins from body.
- Orange juice helps to increase the beneficial microflora of intestine and increase the indigestion.
- Pineapple juice contains the digestive enzymes which give the relief in stomach upset.
- Papaya contains proteases, which helps to reduce the indigestion.