Indukantham Kashayam - Benefits, Usage, Indications and Dosage
Reference: Sahasrayogam, Ghrita prakarna 4
Indukantham Kashayam is a classical Ayurvedic medicine in water decoction form. This Ayurvedic medicine is mainly used in the treatment of fever and abdominal disorders. It is very beneficial in the bloating, abdominal distension, loss of appetite etc. It pacifies Vata and Pitta in body. This kashayam is actually prepared from the herbal ingredients of indukantham ghee.
- Putikaranja - Holoptelea integrifolia
- Devdaru - Cedrus deodara
- Bilva - Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha - Premna mucronata
- Shyonaka - Oroxylum indicum
- Patala - Stereospermum suaveolens
- Gambhari - Gmelina arborea
- Brihati - Solanum indicum
- Kantakari - Solanum xanthocarpum
- Gokshura - Tribulus terrestris
- Shalaparni - Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishnaparni - Uraria picta
- Pippali fruit - Piper longum
- Pippali roots - Piper longum
- Chavya - Piper retrofractum
- Chitraka - Plumbago zeylanica
- Ginger - Zingiber officinale
- Yavakshara - Hordeum vulgare
Method of Preparation
Coarse powder of herbal ingredients is boiled in 16 parts of water until it reduced to 4 parts. Indukantham Kashayam is prepared.
- Take 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is advised to mix the kashayam (decoction) with equal quantity of water.
- Abdominal bloating
- Gaseous distention
- Abdominal pain
- Mild Constipation
- Intestinal Gas
- Improves digestion
- Chronic gastritis
- Improves strength and immunity
- Gastric & duodenal ulcer
- There are no side effects with this medicine.
- Over dosage may worsen the gastritis.