Is Anxiety Related to Your Genes?
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is an emotion or a natural response to stress. It is a feeling of stress, unhappiness, fear or tension. If these feelings come and go normally, then it does not affect daily life, but if these feelings become excessive, then anxiety emotion converts into an anxiety disorder.
Anxiety disorder is a common form of emotional disorder and it can affect anyone at any age.
What are the Types of Anxiety Disorder?
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This is a chronic type of anxiety in which a person worries about money, health, family, work, or other nonspecific life events and situations.
- Phobia: The condition of excessive fear of a particular object and situation. This anxiety is difficult to control.
- Panic Disorder: It includes a panic attack.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: In this condition, the person becomes more obsessed with hygiene or cleanliness.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: In this type of disorder person have fear to open up in society. They worry about the negative judgment of people.
- Separation Anxiety Disorder: This type of anxiety occurs when you have a feeling of separation from any person or home.
- Illness Anxiety Disorder: It occurs when you have anxiety about your health.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): It occurs when a person remember about previous traumatic event, a serious accident or any sexual assault.
What are the Causes of Anxiety?
The exact cause of anxiety is not known. But there are various factors which lead to anxiety or an anxiety disorder.It includes:
- Improper Functioning of the Brain: The anxiety disorders may occur due to the imbalance in hormones and decreased action potential of the brain.
- Environmental Factors: It includes personal or professional stress, such as workload, family issues or relationship problems.
- Medical Factors: Some medical condition such as thyroid problems, heart diseases or certain medications may lead to the development of anxiety disorders.
- Genetic Factors: If your any family member has an anxiety disorder then you are more prone to have this problem.
What are the Symptoms of Anxiety?
The symptoms associated with anxiety are the following:
- Behavioral Changes
- Increase or Decrease in the intake of food
- Burning or Prickling Sensation in hands
- Panic, Fear, and Restlessness
- Sleep Difficulties
- Itchy Skin
- Dry Mouth
- Heart Palpitations
- Shortness of Breath
- Chest Pain
- Increased Irritability
- Frequent Urination
(Reference: Charak Samhita (Chikitsa Sthan) Chapter 26 and shloka-
In this shloka causes and symptoms of shiro roga are explained.
- Due to the vitiation of Vata dosha, there is severe pain and has palpitation.
- Due to the vitiation of Pitta dosha, there are painful sensations, including burning and aching.
- Due to the vitiation of Kapha dosha, there is a feeling of heaviness.
- Due to the vitiation of these three doshas, all the symptoms are present.
Is Anxiety Related to your Genes?
There are various factors which lead to the development of anxiety. The genetic factor is also a major reason behind the anxiety. So anxiety may be related to genes.
The risks of the development of anxiety are higher in those people who have a family history of an anxiety disorder.
Based on some studies on genetic factors suggests the stability of anxiety from childhood to adulthood.
The genes show the influence on neurotransmitters like norepinephrine and serotonin and hormones like cortisol. The imbalance in these neurotransmitters and hormones lead to anxiety. The brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a gene coding of protein is found in the brain which is also associated with anxiety.
What are the Herbal Remedies used to Treat Anxiety?
Planet Ayurveda offers the best herbal formulations for the treatment of anxiety.
The products offered by Planet Ayurveda are Pitta Balance, Brahmi Capsules and Stress Support.
1. PITTA BALANCE
This herbal product is formulated by a mixture of many herbs such as praval pishti, akik pishti, jahar mohra pishti, mukta pishti, kamdudha ras, giloy satva. These herbs help to reduce burning sensation in the body and also balance physical and mental health. Pitta Balance help to balance Pitta dosha of the body. It controls emotions like aggression, bad thoughts, etc. Therefore, it helps to treat anxiety.
Dose: 1 capsule once or twice in a day with water after meals.
2. BRAHMI CAPSULES
Brahmi Capsules improve mental illness, the function of the brain and nervous system. These capsules are made up by using the whole of the Brahmi plant. This herb is also beneficial in treating many types of allergies. These capsules boost the immune system and help to fight against various conditions. This helps to relax the muscles and brain tissues and helps to treat stress and anxiety.
Dose: 1-2 capsules twice in a day with water after meals.
3. STRESS SUPPORT
Stress Support Capsules consist of four beneficial herbs namely Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Tagar, and Jatamansi. The antidepressant properties of these herbs help to get rid of anxiety and other symptoms associated with depression and anxiety such as tremors, dizziness, muscle tension, increased heart rate etc. This helps to relax the muscles and brain tissues and prevent stress and anxiety.
Dose:For adults- 2 capsules daily with water after meals.
For children- 1 capsule daily with water after meals.
So these are the herbal remedies provided by "Planet Ayurveda". These formulations are 100% pure, safe, natural, and are free from any preservatives, chemicals, additives and have no side effects.