Reference: Siddha Yoga Sangraha, Jwaradhikara
Jahar Mohra Bhasma is an ayurvedic mineral-based formulation. It is prepared from the Jahar Mohra Stone, which is also called Serpentine. However, Serpentine is not a single mineral, but it mainly contains Magnesium Silicate. It is mainly used in the treatment of heart diseases, cough, heart burn, etc.
Process of Formation of Jahar Mohra Bhasma
It involves following steps:
- Purification or Detoxification (Shodhana)
- Grinding the fine powder Cow's Milk for 6 hours (Mardana)
- Making cakes
- Drying the small cakes (Marna)
- Shuddha Jahar Mohra (Purified Serpentine) is the main ingredient of Jahar mohara bhasmas.
- The other ingredients are silicates of iron, magnesium, aluminum, zinc and manganese.
How to Make?
Purification of jahar mohara
Take good quality Jahar Mohra (Serpentine) stones and heat until they become red and then throwing them into Cow's milk. This process is repeated for 21 times.
Purified Jahar mohara stones and grind with cow's milk for 6 hours to make a paste. Then make small cakes of this paste and after that drying these small cakes, they are put into the earthen pots and heat for obtaining Bhasma.
Dosage & Administration
- Infants - 30 to 125 mg
- Children - 60 to 125 mg
- Adults - 125 to 250 mg
- Geriatric (Old age) - 125 to 250 mg
It can be taken twice a day with Honey or water.
In Pregnancy - Best To Avoid
Jahar Mohra is beneficial in diseases of digestive system and cardiovascular system.
Here are some of important medicinal uses and benefits of jahar mohara:-
- Menorrhagia - Menorrhagia is abnormal heavy menstruation. Many women experience weakness and fatigue. Anemia may also present in women with heavy menstruation. Jahar Mohra provides support to reduce bleeding, weakness and fatigue along with other medicines.
- High Blood Pressure - Jahar Mohra Pishti is frequently used for managing high blood pressure. Its antihypertensive properties are more visible in dosage more than one gram per day.
- Digestive problems - It is useful in various digestive problems like diarrhea, acidity. It has different properties like Antidiarrheal, Antiemetic, Antacid and Digestive Stimulant.
- Antidote - It act as antidote for snake bite and scorpion stings.
- It also has Antibacterial and Antimicrobial properties.
- It is used to reduce the fever (Febrifuge).
- It acts as cardiac tonic, Pitta related disorders, heart burn, headache and gastro enteritis.
- It is coolant in nature.
Usually it is safe below the dose of 500 mg but it is best to take this medicine only under medical supervision, especially for children, pregnant and lactating mothers.Share with your friends: